World Cup 2022

Congratulations to Tunisia beating the World Champions France, 10 of Tunisia’s starting 11 where born in France so a real symbolic win well done!

3 Likes

Quite possibly one of the worst VAR penalty decisions I’ve ever seen

3 Likes

On what planet is that a pen?

Well done keeper!

(Speaking as someone with Argentina and Messi in the sweep…)

3 Likes

Justice done. Terrible decision.

Don’t think Poland can survive playing like this though.

1 Like

Wow they got through.

Shame Saudi scored, albeit a lovely goal. I was looking forward to a team qualifying on yellow card count :smile:

Poland picked up a few yellow cards when playing Sauidi Arabia, they probably knew they will be on the backfoot, defensive position with Argentina so they just did best at the moment. It sort of worked…

Reaching the last 16 is like winning the WC for us, there’s been parties all night and it’s dominating the news. Whatever happens from here we’ll take it as job done.

Game against Argentina will be a huge challenge for a team that’s mainly made up of players from our local national league. We do love the underdog tag takes the pressure off us and allows us to just have ago.

5 Likes

The GOAT is still goalless but Argentina have qualified and even avoid a round of 16 match against France who will face Poland whilst Argentina play Australia.

Yep we’re aiming to keep the GOAT goalless and send him and his team packing. :wink:

2 Likes

Well Saudi Arabia managed it so it’s not impossible.

2 Likes

Yes well done to Australia - no one would reasonably expected them to get out of the group and they win 2 out of 3 as well

And they owe it all to this guy, the reserve goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne.

1 Like

Messi scored against Mexico.

Plus he isn’t the GOAT.

Oh yeah. That’s the Pele-De Bruyne hybrid that is Harry Kane.

1 Like

This has to be funniest thing I’ve read re last nights Aus v Denmark game, someone’s tweet.

nice to see the Socceroos deploying the football equivalent of homer simpson’s tactic of "allowing the opponent to punch you over and over until they get tired’ – i like it! #AUSDEN

2 Likes

For the avoidance of doubt, that was of course a tongue in cheek reference to @Wugged_Woy’s (hopefully also tongue in cheek) post at #200

1 Like

Oooof. Didn’t see the game but assume it was the Chelsea Lukaku and not the Inter Lukaku playing for Belgium?

Shame, could have done with him having a monster tournament to try and get some our money back on him.

Another one bites the dust.