Worst /funny album covers

I’m sorry but everything about that cover is pure class. The title, the subtitle; what a great send up/homage to both Iron Maiden and Hendrix.

2 Likes

This should really be an album cover!

2 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

IMG_3009

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Ouch!

download

1 Like

‘Pet Sounds’ is a work of (tortured) genius. Brian Wilson went on to mastermind ‘SMiLE’, but his sanity deserted him, and we had to wait around 50 years for it to be released as Brian Wilson imagined it.

One of my top five LPs of all time, along with:

Jeff Buckley’s ‘Grace’

one Beatles LP (which particular one changes regularly)

Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’

one Doors LP (again, my choice changes).

1 Like

Cheers Graham, interesting backstory. We can certainly agree on Jeff Buckley, got quite a few versions and copies of that album.

Heresy for many but Beatles have never done it for me, I can’t deny they’ve turned out a large number of popular tunes but I don’t own a single album and that’s never going to change. Probably a couple of main reasons for it.

Being born in 1970 they were music of my parents and by the time of hitting interested in music age in late 70’s early 80’s things had changed markedly, so just feel music of a different generation. Plus by then Paul M had gone solo and always just found him so annoying. Also quite possibly affected by the teachers band at our school (probably like many in secondary education in the 80’s) were massive Beatle’s activists and having their version of classics shoved down your ears probably turned most of us off.

Thing is I am a big Pink Floyd fan so those reasons can become negotiable apparently but I suppose big difference there is that my gateway album to PF was The Final Cut, so an album released in my time and enabled a way back into their previous. That plus Another Brick in the Wall having chart success and giving us the anthem to tell the teachers band where to go…

Exactly the same with Miles Davis and Tutu being my first and then providing the appreciation foundation to look back.

Thanks, Adam. I was lucky enough to see Jeff Buckley in concert six times before his tragic death.

As to The Beatles, could I suggest that you consider buying the 3LP Blue Album, which includes stunningly good remasterings of classics such as Strawberry Fields Forever, Revolution (the original version with distorted guitars and hugely compressed sound), Across The Universe, and Here Comes The Sun?

The Beatles (and The Doors) were such an important part of my younger years, and I could never be without them.

1 Like

Totally appreciate what the Beatles mean to many, and indeed that its irrelevant if I like them, or get them as their influence is undeniable.

I’ll take your recommendation and have a listen via streaming, for as good as different masters may be I haven’t found a master that can get over whether the music gels or not with your tastes.

You were lucky on Jeff Buckley then to see him so many times, can only imagine how good he was live. Haven’t played that for a while and my wife is out tonight so can see me either cranking the volume in the house or making my way to the cabin this evening.

As good as the ‘Grace’ LP is, it doesn’t give an idea of the range of Jeff Buckley’s live shows, from near silence to screaming distorted ‘noise’.

The best that I can suggest is to look on the net for ‘Kanga Roo’, an Alex Chilton song with which JB often closed his live shows - extended to about fifteen minutes, from a to begin to b*lls-out ‘noise’ of screeching twin guitars, thundering bass and mad drumming!

(I have it on a short-play CD.)

1 Like

About the funny album covers :roll_eyes:

IMG_9884

2 Likes

3 Likes

Like most here it’s a fake. This thread has become a copy and paste paradise. :grin:

Absolutely not fakes:

And of course there was this:

2 Likes

Was there a point behind that ‘Who’s next’ cover - other than the group members relieving themselves against a concrete plinth?

I’ve always thought that there must be some kind of in-joke, or some other humour, that I just didn’t ‘get’.

It always reminded me of the obelisk in Stanley Kubrick’s ‘2001’.