Worst /funny album covers

A friend of mine sent me this message,enquiring as to wether I’d like to go to an exhibition of 500 album covers in a similar vein to this,must say I’m tempted .

3 Likes

Well I guess one of the worst must be Blind Faith, appalling, and obviously can’t be uploaded here.

1 Like

Yes,wouldn’t surprise me if it’s in the exhibition.

But the music was actually very good.

Well, yes and no. It had good intent by the artist - and there are many examples of paintings of nude children/young women from some of the great artists. Of course, I recognise that these days it is not considered acceptable, but objectively - why is this not OK, but old paintings are fine?

2 Likes

It’s probably worth adding this section from the publicity.

Hopefully this thread won’t be an invitation to members to post questionable album sleeves.

The exhibition looks like a lot of fun, it’s just a shame it’s in Birkenhead.

5 Likes

Agree with both of you,not inferring the music was poor,or indeed that the artists intentions were in question.As HH has stated,it’s just about album covers .

1 Like

Apparently the 11 year old girl was coerced into doing the photo and paid £40. Make of that what you will but it’s hardly Renaissance art.

2 Likes

What did the Renaissance artist pay their models, and what does that have to do with the art itself?
£40.00 doesn’t sound much - not sure what it translates to in today’s money, probably about £500 to £600.

I was hoping that the thread would be filled with album covers that would initiate a bit of light relief or humour,oh well . :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Like these?

G

There are several album art threads in the Music area.

This one is certainly one of the oddest I’ve seen:

3 Likes

I think “Jump on it” by Montrose is not the most subtle…

13 Likes

Finally! The right place to post the cover of M83’s “Fantasy” from last year. I’m certain the cover has put many off even giving it a try, which is a pity.

3 Likes

Some of the weird album covers out there I suspect are not genuine.

Interesting track listing for MJ’s album:

‘Dave’ looks distinctly like Lady Di to me.

1 Like

It’s Björk, ‘nuff said:

IMG_4701

3 Likes

Phew, I thought you were referring to something like the artwork on the inside of FGTH’s first vinyl gatefold album.