Worst /funny album covers

This is a very good point.

We are all so used to copying and pasting images or sometimes even embedding image links from other sites.

The ‘What are you listening to…’ threads and many others would be pretty boring without artwork.

What should we consider best practice? Screengrabs of 'now playing’ from devices probably work for streaming quite well I suspect, as well as photos of physical media.

Are the issues you describe mostly due to the original artwork copyright holders potentially objecting or perhaps dodgy non-stock watermarked images from sale sites?

Most images shown here that are not the poster’s own would likely fall under fair use provision. However, it gets potentially problematic where images are specifically watermarked and/or specific request is made not to share or copy without permission, or where payment or subscription is required (Shutterstock, Getty etc…).

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve noticed that some of the album covers on the retail site of “The Great Satan” have the company’s smiley logo splashed over them. Does that mean we shouldn’t post them?

1 Like

As ‘Satan’ doesn’t own the copyright to the album image, I think we’re safe – also noting they’re being given some free promotion.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

IMG_3070

7 Likes

8 Likes

A hour…

8 Likes

Try about 16 years x 4. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Wasn’t that the health minister not too long ago?

2 Likes

There’s an exhibition of strange/funny covers happening up North:

3 Likes

That might get deleted for making ‘ad homini’ comments

3 Likes

Before they formed ‘The Cult’.

G

3 Likes