XLR interconnects for NC Pre to Power

Yes, all SL cables are silver plated copper.

Yes, they are regular balanced connections. Not to be confused with the old XLR inputs on the 250/300/500 power amps, which of course were unbalanced and had DIN plugs on the other end.

1 Like

Ic … I love silver over copper cables … maybe one day I loan one set to try

Am surprised naim uses silver over copper :sweat_smile:

Chord Signature TA

Not cheap but superb bass, transparency, overall flow and a very good match for the NC in my experience

Sarum is only slightly incremental and if money no object I would go straight for Music but the Sigs are the sweet spot before price becomes even more ridiculous

1 Like

I’m using Siltech G7 Royal Signature Princess 1.5m interconnects and they work incredible. They’ve discontinued but I’m sure you can find a good used pair from certified dealers. The new 880i also performs well but the sound is slightly a bit bright for my taste on my Focal Scala speakers.

I see you have the Playback MPD 8. How does it compare vs Nd555, if you had the chance to compare ?
On YouTube I saw yesterday a review by a guy who made a shoot out of Rossini Apex / Clock vs the MPD 8. He preferred the MPD 8, as more analog and less in your face.

@frenchrooster … interesting … see if I can demo it against Rossini

1 Like

Have you tried the Superlumina ?

Not yet. The NC XLRs only came out very recently.

Definitely worth a home audition :innocent:.

Make sure you get the part number below;

ATB, J

Unfortunately I didn’t have the chance to do comparison with ND555. I started out using chord qutest when I was using n272 back then. The dac inside n272 just didn’t work for me back and to me, qutest was a huge upgrade over it. As a result, I stopped using naim dacs and kept with external dacs from then on. I did have the chance to compare it with a whole set of Auralic 2.1 4pc. (streamer, dac, clock, upsampler). PBD simply is easier to my ears while not losing the excitements as well. Auralic to me is bit light on sound body but pretty damn close in a different characteristc.
As for PBD MPD-8, I would highly recommend getting the pairing MPT-8 with it. I compared two other streamers, MU1 and hifi rose 130 and they were truly not the same level (not the same price of course). MPT-8 with PBD’s plink connect really brings out the potential of MPD-8.

1 Like

I would not “dis” the balanced Naim cables supplied with the new kit . Yes I’ve heard of some people changing to screened cables due to pickup , I’ve got mogami balanced in situ , but I found the Naim unscreened "mains looking " cable just has a just right feel about it presentation wise , it’s like the opposite of of a tone control cable ( we know what they are ).
And that’s in a hybrid Linn / Naim setup .
It’s not flashy just let’s the kit do it’s thing .
I do like the Naim plastic light weight terminations though , much better fit than the usual metal .
In saying all this Im trying out something else too.

2 Likes

Interesting – I’m using Mark Grant XLR cables (wired with Canare L4E6S star-quad cable) in a hybrid Linn / Naim setup, which I’d bought to try out with my NAP250 and just kept using when the 350s turned up.

I’ll have to give the Naim supplied cables another go and see how different things are now my 350s are well run in.