XPS power supply for NDX2

Well, the 555PS was not on my radar. I bought both a XPS-DR and – a month or so later – a SuperCap DR. Those two gave my system a bigger overall lift than a 555PS alone would have.

Good afternoon all,

Having just installed my new XPS power supply into my system, I am very impressed how straight out of the box, it has lifted the performance of myNDX2 (which was extremely good bare!).

Some enjoyable listening ahead as it runs in.

4 Likes

Well, as it turns out getting a XPSDR and SCDR for my NDX2, instead of a 555PS, proved to be the smart move. A secondhand 252 came up on a good deal and with the SCDR I was ready to go for it, so I did (and a 300DR followed a couple weeks later).

4 Likes

@malcolm we almost share the same system and my plan was to add a 555 PSU to my NDX which on all the demos I have lisened too brought the main upgrade

following a new cable I purchased on saturday the 555 has gone on hold for a while, if not cancelled all togther, I has always been an advocate for the seperate PSU but the new Titan Electria cable is something else on my bare NDX and may bring the same to your NDX2 - just a thought
the value of the cable vs the return on music has to be heard - it’s astonishing!! and below Β£500

Congratulations Malcolm, you will have a few β€˜wow’ moments ahead as things settle in!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.