Your favourite Live Instrumental Track

It doesn’t get any better than this.

4 Likes

Is he selling guitars in a shop ?

1 Like

He does do charity work, providing humanitarian assistance to French guitar shops.

Do you have any examples of virtuoso accordion players. :grin:

2 Likes

‘Dream’ from ‘Between Nothingness and Eternity’ by the Mahavishnu Orchestra (1973).

3 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - ‘Pali Gap’.

Fifty years on, no-one gets close to his supremacy as a guitarist.

3 Likes

Julian Bream is my favourite artist. Unfortunately, I never saw him live. He played this Bach piece as a bit of light entertainment, as he called it, at the end of a TV concert.

6 Likes

One of my favourite tracks, Graham.

The Bass Player ROCKS!

Fracture by King Crimson. Even the studio version was recorded live at a concert.

On another day, I might have chosen Trio instead.

don’t know about a specific track but Scorpions world wide live is a go to in my collection
best live record i have

1 Like

Close call, Miles at Vienne, Jeff Beck at Ronnie’s, but this:

1 Like

Probably Coast to Coast for an instrumental track?

2 Likes

Neil Murray.

Played with a lot of top notch musician.

2 Likes

:+1:

Another Michael Schenker song.

2 Likes

How could I overlook Little Feat - Day at the dog races. Some awesome drumming on this one.

Always one of the the highlights of a Feats gig.

2 Likes

Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride.

3 Likes

Great shout :+1:

Anything Joe Bonamassa ? (maybe something with him and Beth Hart??)
-seems to be well curated musicians in those playbacks, and Joe himself doesn’t suffer from swinging too much stage presence (has his ego in check and does it for the music)

What about the Fleetwood Mac live album where they have Mark Knopfler do a live version of a previously ‘only studio’ song? (not sure the album title)

For me (and my good lady) it has to be ‘Comfortably Numb’ the live version is actually more impressive than the studio recording, particularly the 1994 ‘Pulse’ version or the 2016 version from Brazil, by the incredible mr Gilmour of course!

2 Likes

Sing, Sing, Sing - Benny Goodman

It was either this or Diminuendo and Crescendo in Blue - Duke Ellington.

1 Like