Your favourite Naim label album(s)?

Just reacquainted myself with this old friend

Excellent musicianship all round and a wonderful album. I have just listened to the 24 bit version available on Qobuz and I presume it’s a different master as an already good sounding CD just has more detail, nuance and presence.

I’m sure others will go for the ubiquitous (at one stage here anyway) Not Dead in the capital of Brexit, but Fred wins out for me.

.sjb

2 Likes

I do not own Dreamhouse but I did purchase his other two other NAIM albums which are superb.

and

1 Like

2 Likes

I have a few single artist albums, but I have six by one artist (although not all Naim label) Antonio Forcione

“Meet Me In London” is probably the best of the Naim label from him, I have it in 24/192 WAV
But my favourite is not a Naim label, “Sketches of Africa”

6 Likes

Fred was a regular in this place. What happened to him?

Looks like Fred was playing in Merrillville Indiana last night.

I think I have all the above mentioned Fred Simon albums and they are great but this one is good too and gets a regular play

as well as this one

1 Like

Phantom Limb - The Pines

I still have a lot of love for this one, and it’s a favourite for listening in the car.

Otherwise, I find myself listening to Charlie Haden and Chris Anderson’s None But The Lonely Heart every now and then, and really loving it.

6 Likes

Really love the title track of that Phantom Limb album. Always felt the rest fell short.

Jump Ship bought on Naim label, very interesting facinating, love it, only one album I thing.

Other than a couple of early sampler CDs, my only vinyl is Antonio Forcione Quartet In Concert.

Favorite album of mine too.

When is Naim letting Fred Simon record a follow up?

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation. I’m not normally a piano man but I love this album.

3 Likes

There were some pressing issues with the vinyl but the music is just pure magic.

3 Likes

1 Like

Antonio Forcione/ Sabina Scubbia: meet me in London.

3 Likes

Antonio Live always does it for me.

Stu

Beside Antonio Forcione’s releases this one is favorite of mine - Dominic Miller & Neil Stacey

1 Like