Your favourite YouTube Audiophile

Yes, I haven’t thought on that. But Kevin Deal is so funny !

1 Like

He is yes! He’s a bit adhd-ish but certainly fun to watch/hear. :blush:

3 Likes

Sounds like a stonking deal to me even two years ago :wink:

and he uses homeplug products for his network connectivity!

1 Like

Don’t understand, sorry. Good deal ? Why ?

Sorry I meant the Kevin Deal video showing a 62% off deal for the NAP 152/155.

Ah ok. All clear now :+1:

1 Like

Zero Fidelity
Stereo Review X

Very enjoyable

5 Likes

Brilliant Andy. I’d forgotten that sketch. Griff Rhys Jones facial expressions hilarious.
We’ve got a thread that’s even funnier though.:joy:

1 Like

I like most of them. I recently discovered “Bert reviews”. Informative and funny!

4 Likes

The Audio Analyst, Greg Weaver
San Francisco Audiophile Society
and more outspoken Real Hifi Help, OCD Hi-Fi guy, Jay’s audio lab

For some speaker demo’s driven by NAIM 252 preamp and NAIM 300DR power amp in Denglish (Dutch English :wink: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTaN3wrt5qQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1bvWcXZYuA

Happy holidays.

1 Like

He’s got cloth ears! :0)

3 Likes

Steve Gutenburg
Kevin Deal
PS Audio
In that order.
SG has a musical bent, and a soft approach that I find interesting. Kevin is just funny, and even tho he sells the kit, he’s heard everything and appears to be mostly factual. And PSs laid-back delivery is relaxing, while being informative.

1 Like

Guttenberg owns an SME , so he is an interesting guy😆

2 Likes

Ron from New record day is good.

3 Likes

Not a review, but found it now. May interest some.

1 Like

Found that. Interesting. Best British products of the year.

2 Likes

John Darko’s videos are well made and feel modern. May be he is trying too hard. I wish he uses language we all can understand. In the KEF LS50 review, he used the coffee analogy and lost me. I don’t want my speaker that is easy on milk with plenty of froth. Or a big bowl of milky coffee. The latter is how he described KS50 Meta. Urgh.

I like Tarun and British audiophile and found his work informative and well explained. Paul McGowan not as much. Found his videos too brief to contain anything meaty. At times, I felt like I just listened to a fortune teller, if you know what I mean. But he has video covering most things one can think of.

2 Likes

For me i think this is one reason why i do appreciate Paul McGowan, because he gives you the facts and ‘tells it like it is’ from his experience. There is so much vaguery and magical thinking surrounding (high end) audio, that i think it’s good sometimes to keep things a bit more straightforward.

Darko on the other hand like you described, is more trying to create a ‘boutique’ atmosphere where there are no absolutes at all, and he uses a lot of broad terms like ‘rich’, ‘full’, ‘engaging’, ‘presence’ etc. Like a time-sharing salesman trying to sell you a feeling rather than a product. And this doesn’t always translate well to me through a screen, since i can’t experience that feeling without actually seeing or hearing a product myself.

I think Steve Guttenberg does a better job at translating his personal feelings about a product into words that resonate with me, without getting as practical as McGowan. When he is excited about a product he’ll tell you “Wow, i was blown away about this product, and i’ll tell you why”. Darko will usually say something more along the lines of “I think this is a really good product, it has a certain quality and finesse that i think is really alluring, but ofcourse your tastes may vary so i cannot tell you if it would suit your needs”. And that style of talking kind of…annoys me, i guess…

This video of Darko trying to explain what he is trying to do illustrates that i think:

1 Like