Your Loudspeaker history

“2001 Harbeth HB1?“

Probably Heybrook….

That is probably right! It was a brain dead time for me, house, kids and no longer cashed up. Thanks for the jog to my memory.

Short list here too:

• Monitor Audio’s first, but don’t even know what model. They look like 3-way floor-standers (veneer sides, blue front panel below the fabric covers). They had an open section in the back, so probably function more like a stand-mount in disguise. Still own them, but stored elsewhere.
  • Royd Doublets. Still own them too, currently in use at the parents place.
  • Dynaudio Sapphire. Probably the only pair in NZ and quite likely to be my end game.

Good afternoon Graham,

Like others, I am very glad to hear that you are home and enjoying the music once more. I’m sorry that I’m a bit late in marking your return, but “well done” nevertheless!

I’m intrigued by your electrostatics. One of my closest friends had a pair and then a stacked pair in an all-Quad system - and they were fantastic, but I’ve never heard of three pairs operating simultaneously - it must sound brilliant! Both he and I gradually moved to exclusively Naim and Linn systems, but the electrostatics were really memorable.

However, there is one glaring omission - would you think of providing a series of “Pics ‘From the Listening Position’”?!

Best wishes,

Brian D.

1 Like

Hello, Brian, and thanks for your kind comments.

I’n useless at technology, and am not able to transfer photos from my iPhone to this Forum. I have asked a friend round to do this for me, so I hope to get some photos up soon. So watch this space.

2 Likes

Graham it’s very easy to do, so if your friend’s visit is delayed, I would happily post some instructions with a screen shot or two.

1 Like

Ian, thank you for the kind offer to help. Let’s see what happens over the next day or so, and I’ll get back to you if I’m no further forward.

1 Like

Graham,

We’re on the edges of our seats!

Brian D.

Quadral bookshelves (type unknown)
Infinity Delta 70
Paradigm Studio 100
ASW Genius 510
Q Acoustics Concept 500

Dansette Prince
Rank stereo separates
Wharfedale Linton 3XP
Mission 760
Mission 733
Quad 11L2
Naim Ariva
Naim SBL

1 Like

@graham55

This little thing in yellow here is the key.
Take the photo on your phone. Should then be in your photo gallery. Edit as you wish.
Click on the highlighted icon which will be somewhere in your ‘reply/post’ window, choose the pic & voila, uploaded into your Forum post. It’s dead simple using a phone (assuming you’re viewing the Forum on a mobile ).

And we get to see these fabled ESL’s!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, Stevie. I shall have a go at that tomorrow, but I’m a technical nowhere man, so no promises! (I have an iPhone 14.). Would love to post photos of the ESLs, if only to make you chaps and chapesses envious!

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing your Linn/Naim/Quad!

I know nothing about iPhone hierarchies or their user interface, but I’m sure a 14 will be fit for purpose.

Hope to see your records on deck in the ‘What Are You Playing’ thread too :+1:

1 Like

mid-70s: some crappy no brand bookshelfs
Bose 301s

early-80s: McIntosh XR3

mid-80s: Linn SARA Isobarik with stands

mid-90s:
Dynaudio Audience 72
Dynaudio Audience 122
Dynaudio Audience 52
Dynaudio Audience 52SE
(I still have all these for HT and home office systems)

2011: Dynaudio Contour S1.4
2013: Dynaudio Contour S3.4 with Esotar2 tweeter upgrade

And my current speakers…
2018: Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum

1 Like

Not too much to relate here…

1986; Mission 70-2 bookshelf ( along with Cyrus1 amp)

2001; Yamaha NS550 towers… free from Craigslist!