Your Song/Track of the Day

Or another one from the Tubbster:

3 Likes

Tom Waits expressing the Covid summer succinctly…”What’s he building in there”

Carry Us Beyond - From “Countyrman” Soundtrack (Human Cargo)

1 Like
1 Like

Great film and soundtrack. ranks alongside The Harder They Come and my favourite Rockers which features literally a who’s who of Jamaican artists at the time…

Walking cool with Leroy Horsemouth Wallace, Gregory Isaac’s, Jacob Miller, Robbie Shakespeare in this scene set to Peter Tosh Stepping Razor

And my favourite scene, the hilarious takeover where Horsemouth and Dirty Harry literally take the Rockers uptown, tune is The Jayes Queen Majesty. Move ya…!

:grin:

1 Like

Selecta! Rewind n come again…

1 Like

The above was an updated version in the Channel One “Rockers” style (invented by Sly n Robbie in Channel One house band The Revolutionaires) of this earlier Rock Steady classic by The Techniques at Treasure Isle…

Come again sir, when it nice play it twice…

1 Like

Anyone remember Prince Charles & The City Beat Band back in the early '80s? Happy days!

This gorgeous Bobbie Gentry performance on The Ed Sullivan Show on Xmas Eve 1967 appeared out of nowhere last night on both YouTube and Spotify. I’ve dropped Andrew Batt a note asking if this is part of a new project… one can hope, can’t one?

1 Like

In Metaphor, Solace (Luke Howard)

1 Like
1 Like

Solid Ground - Live at the Victoria & Albert museum, London (Michael Kiwanuka)

1 Like
4 Likes

Sitting in my cab, Lauren Laverne just played this. Had to crank it up

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

My original vinyl still sounds great, must dig it out when I get home
R-508401-1308215276.jpeg
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ricky Wilson was such an amazing guitarist – everything was pared down to its raw essentials, he was so precise, so… rhythmic, so powerful, so exciting and fresh. He was the beating heart of the B52s, and they were never quite as good after he died.

4 Likes

I’ve not really listened to anything post Ricky Wilson other than the commercial single Love Shack which to me wasnt a patch on the earlier stuff. Not for any particular reason, just that the above debut LP, Wild Planet and Party Mix were all played a lot amongst my circle of friends at this time. The first LP is still my go to selection.
I wasnt aware of the death of Ricky Wilson but maybe this had something to do with my losing interest.

3 Likes

Banco de Gaia - so many good tracks, but this is one of my favourite - Wimble Toot:

3 Likes

The Soundmaker - Live on KEXP at The Triple Door, Seattle (Rodrigo y Gabriela)

2 Likes

In My Mind (M86 ft. Susie Q)