Your Song/Track of the Day

History Repeating feat. Shirley Bassey (Propellerheads)

2 Likes

From the forthcoming Time OutTakes album. They are still feeling their way in with this version, which is obvious not as accessible or catchy, but it is more experimental.

3 Likes

Tim Buckley on The Old Grey Whistle Test -74. Honey Man.

2 Likes

Doobie Brothers - What A fool Believes

2 Likes

Forty Or Fifty - Spin Doctors.

2 Likes

Cantaloupe Island - Blue Note Concert Live at The Town Hall, New York (Herbie Hancock)

2 Likes

Try this…might sound familiar

2 Likes

Or indeed this from Tubby and Bunny Lee:

2 Likes

Or another one from the Tubbster:

3 Likes

Tom Waits expressing the Covid summer succinctly…”What’s he building in there”

Carry Us Beyond - From “Countyrman” Soundtrack (Human Cargo)

1 Like
1 Like

Great film and soundtrack. ranks alongside The Harder They Come and my favourite Rockers which features literally a who’s who of Jamaican artists at the time…

Walking cool with Leroy Horsemouth Wallace, Gregory Isaac’s, Jacob Miller, Robbie Shakespeare in this scene set to Peter Tosh Stepping Razor

And my favourite scene, the hilarious takeover where Horsemouth and Dirty Harry literally take the Rockers uptown, tune is The Jayes Queen Majesty. Move ya…!

:grin:

1 Like

Selecta! Rewind n come again…

1 Like

The above was an updated version in the Channel One “Rockers” style (invented by Sly n Robbie in Channel One house band The Revolutionaires) of this earlier Rock Steady classic by The Techniques at Treasure Isle…

Come again sir, when it nice play it twice…

1 Like

Anyone remember Prince Charles & The City Beat Band back in the early '80s? Happy days!

This gorgeous Bobbie Gentry performance on The Ed Sullivan Show on Xmas Eve 1967 appeared out of nowhere last night on both YouTube and Spotify. I’ve dropped Andrew Batt a note asking if this is part of a new project… one can hope, can’t one?

1 Like

In Metaphor, Solace (Luke Howard)

1 Like
1 Like

Solid Ground - Live at the Victoria & Albert museum, London (Michael Kiwanuka)

1 Like