Your Song/Track of the Day

Lustmord & Bohren und der Club of Gore - Plateau

1 Like

Jethro Tull Life Is A Long Song

2 Likes

That brings back memories. Life is a Long Song was one of the first singles I bought. Ian Anderson was an alumnus of my old school, and the B side of the single was “Up the Pool”, a dedication to Blackpool FC.

1 Like

My Sweet Lord (George Harrison)

2 Likes

Tom Misch Water Baby / contains samples from That Lady by The Crusaders

2 Likes

Coasting into the weekend.

I won’t pick a track, but come on we all know Alison can sing…

7 Likes

FKJ Moments

2 Likes

Way Down in the Hole (John Campbell)

2 Likes

Lighthouse Family Question Of Faith (Itaal Shur’s Main Mix)

1 Like

Just found this treasure, whilst going through our CD collection.

Mary Chaplin Carpenter - Party Dolls and Other Favourites, (1999).

** Please please do listen to track 14 : 10,000 miles :+1:
Maybe find a copy of the lyrics and study the words too.

The string arrangements are just divine and can lead to most of your neck hair standing to attention. The Cello is one of my favourite instruments. (When ever I hear this piece, I always connect to my own daughter and thoughts for years of Cello practice around the house).

I first came across this as the theme music for a movie - “Fly Away Home”, (1996), which is a magical story about a father and his daughter, growing up and some Canadian geese :flushed: The film is based on a true story.

I’m guessing the piece was commissioned for the movie. Then, it later appears on this album.

[ Note : I’m currently going through our CD collection, whilst ripping some to a new Innuos server we’ve just bought. Going through 1000+ collection and finding forgotten albums and favourite pieces. For more on this, go across to “Streaming” ]

1 Like

Just come across another absolute banger - DRIVE

Found these two little beauties…
The Cars - The Cars, (1978).
The Cars - Heartbeat City, (1984).

Listen to “Drive”. It’s track 4 on Heartbeat City.
In its day, a great record that got a lot of air play. Also, a decent video that was played a lot on MTV

Although you might say The Cars were post punk, indie, maybe alternative rock, I think Drive makes for a brilliant popular (pop) record.

Drive is such a gorgeous ballad.

Also remember “Drive” being used - in a very emotive way - for the Live Aid gigs, in 1985.

[ Note : I’m currently going through our CD collection, whilst ripping some to a new Innuos server we’ve just bought. Going through 1000+ collection and finding forgotten albums and favourite pieces. For more on this, go across to “Streaming” ]

1 Like

Another one you absolutely have to try…

!!! ( chk chk chk ) - Myth Takes

Listen to track 8 : Bend over Beethoven

There is a lot of energy in this record. ( Warning - best played loud). There is a hard core edge to what they do. It’s maybe an acquired taste?

Although !!! are probably rock band, I’ve always thought of this track as a dance piece. Use of rhythmic drums and bass, etc. It’s the sort of thing you could play in a club and dance to.

If a modern and hybrid interpretation of - disco-funk, post punk, electronica, house beats - dance - is for you, try this.

Glory Box - Live on Later… with Jools Holland (Portishead)

4 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider Dancing with the Lion

2 Likes

Wild Is The Wind (Nina Simone)

2 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Ponta De Areia

1 Like

Two for the price of one. I was going to point to the second song, but both are so beautiful.

1 Like

Barber’s Adagio for Strings (William Orbit)

4 Likes

Salut Salon Wettstreit zu viert / Competitive Foursome

4 Likes