Your Song/Track of the Day

Deep Dish + EBTG The Future Of The Future

3 Likes

Kate Bush Cloudbusting

7 Likes

Freak (Lana Del Rey)

2 Likes

A recent release I found on Tidal Graham. Released 13th October. Excellent sound quality as you’d expect.

Thanks, I’m sorted for Bernstein’s Mahler, as I have the DG big box of all the LPs, issued a couple of years ago, plus the ‘live’ Ninth with the Berlin Philharmonic, which so infuriated Karajan.

The story is that Bernstein was invited by the West German Chancellor at the time (I don’t remember if this was Schmidt or Brandt) to conduct the Ninth with what was then very much Karajan’s ‘own’ Berlin PO - and that was recorded and duly issued on LP by DG.

But Karajan was incandescent, because after Bernstein had conducted the orchestra just once, ‘his’ Berlin players were scooping and sliding between the notes in a way that Karajan found infuriating. Karajan said something to the effect that, in just one concert, Bernstein had undone all his (ie Karajan’s) work with the orchestra in the previous 20 years!

DG issued the Berlin/Bernstein Mahler Ninth on LP some years ago, and I think it is just about the best recording that I know of the Symphony. It was not included in the DG Bernstein/Mahler ‘big box’ of the Mahler symphonies - that includes a (very good) recording with the Concertgebouw Orchestra.

The Bernstein/DG set that I cannot find anywhere is the complete Beethoven Symphonies recorded with the Vienna Philharmonic. I hope that this will be re-released one day.

1 Like

From one of her very best albums

2 Likes

This one
? Unfortunately not vinyl but it’s on Tidal. Released 2004, remastered 2017.

That’s the one. I keep hoping that DG will re-release it on vinyl one day soon, as I’m not interested in streaming (or whatever).

One problem is that DG have recorded and issued so many Beethoven cycles over the years, so this one will presumably just have to wait its turn.

1 Like

Las cazuelas - 2000 Remix (José Padilla)

FKJ Skyline (Live at Salar de Uyuni)

2 Likes

Sunrise At Beira Beach (Troels Hammer)

4 Likes

You’re Not Alone (Olive)

Yellowjackets Blues for KJ

2 Likes

Excellent guitar work from Charlie Burchill on this version replacing Herbie Hancock’s ‘‘tough act to follow’’ synth on the original.

2 Likes

You’ve Got the Love (Florence and The Machine)

1 Like

Just listened to this today wow seriously good album but my favourite track is Thank you .

1 Like

Jacob Collier + Brandi Carlile Little Blue

2 Likes

Stayin’ Alive (Bee Gees)

3 Likes

Turn Back The Clock (Johnny Hates Jazz)