3 Likes

David Sanborn Sugar

5 Likes

Ronnie Jordan Tinseltown

4 Likes
3 Likes

The Who Baba O’Riley

6 Likes

The Sun Queen feat. Uyanga Bold (Rok Nardin, Secession Studios)

2 Likes

Bob James Westchester Lady

4 Likes
4 Likes

Vivaldi certainly released some good CDs, didn’t he?

1 Like

Love & Pride (King)

3 Likes

Don’t you believe it, The Red Priest would have used his holy connections to burn CD player heretics at the stake, he was a diehard vinyl fanatic.
It’s a shame The Four Seasons gets so overplayed, usually it’s far from my favourite Vivaldi compo’, however the track i posted above is an exception likeable version IMO, and not to mention the relevance to the frosty weather outside :snowflake:

2 Likes

Hah! Yes, indeed. Yes, the four seasons is somewhat overplayed. Years ago I was a member of CIX - a similar sort of thing to this forum, but without any particular common theme, just a bunch of good people hanging out together. Someone on there said that Vivaldi only did the 4 seasons - just not true. He did so many amazing pieces, too many to list. Sabat Mater I really like, amongst many others. I believe he introduced quite a few new ideas to classical music. A very underrated (and very nearly lost) composer, I think.

1 Like

Academy of Ancient Music
Handel / Arrival of the Queen of Sheba

4 Likes

Carrying on with the last classical posts
The purity is incredible moving so beautiful

4 Likes

No vibrato - lovely.

2 Likes

Pat Metheny It Starts When We Disappear

3 Likes

25 Norwegian Folksongs and Dances, Op. 17: No. 12. Solfager og Ormekongen (Solfager and the Snake-King) · Havard Gimse

1 Like