Your Song/Track of the Day

Johnny & Mary (Bryan Ferry, Todd Terje)

3 Likes

Pat Benatar - Dancing Through The Wreckage

Really suits her (older) voice and some would be surprised at the quality of the melody - her husband always had a great ear. Benatar has a history of highlighting hidden social issues and this is no exception.

download

1 Like

Jeff Lorber Fusion Seventh Mountain

4 Likes

California Dreaminā€™ā€™ - Live at Le Grand Studio RTL (Diana Krall)

6 Likes
2 Likes

Lee Ritenour + Dave Grusin Stone Flower

5 Likes
3 Likes

Shootout - Slowed + Reverb (Izzamuzzic)

1 Like

Very nice Geoff very rhythmic and with the percusion and the keyboard and the guitar work another on a journey feel to it
Cheers Ian

2 Likes

Enjoyed listening to that Debs never heard it before and the space invader sound at the endā€¦also a Technics SL1210 such an iconic turntableā€¦I have a SL1210 the black version and it still works perfectly after 35 years apart from replacing 1 cueing light
Very tight guitar instrumental that
Cheers Ian

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hi Ian, the track is from a new album ā€˜Brazilā€™ released on CD on 21st June. I heard a few tracks via YouTube and ā€˜Stone Flowerā€™ struck a few chords so to speak! My music buddy has the disc on order, and hopefully it will have arrived for my visit on Saturday, when I can listen to the complete recording.

Itā€™s amazing to think that Lee is now in his 70ā€™s and Dave Grusin will be 90 on 26th June! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Out of intersest Geoff what proportion of your collection is Jazz and Jazz fusion
And when did you get into it ā€¦years ago I imagine
As an observation hearing your stuff it must give your system a work out with timing especially something Naim gear excels in and what I think about Naim gear the emotional connection its like this mysterious ingredientā€¦hard to convey in words but you know what I mean .
Wishing you a fine day

2 Likes

Iā€™ve pre-ordered this CD, Iā€™m so curious to listen to it all!
Ritenour is such a great musician, Grusin as well.

2 Likes

Hi @Tabbycat

Thank you for your interest and comment. Itā€™s a long working day for me so I will try to respond properly as soon as a can - which might end up being tomorrow!

Best Regards
Geoff

2 Likes

Underworld Something Like A Mama

4 Likes

Iā€™m Not Over (Carolina Liar)

1 Like
5 Likes

In answer to your questions - my Dad was a jazz fan and LP collector, and that started my interest from an early age. Before he passed last August, I visited him every Saturday (with very few exceptions) since 1996 (when Mum died), and apart from watching Rugby or other sport, we always played and discussed music. In his later years, as his health declined, the music brought a continuous smile to his face - it was perfect therapy - for both of us.

I also had a music buddy for 35 years who was a huge jazz fan (and naim owner) and we regularly met up at each others homes to play our latest finds, and went to many concerts together. Unfortunately, he passed away unexpectedly at the age of 54 a few years ago, but I am still very good friends with his brother, and we have the same interests, including design, jazz and naim.

Therefore, I would say my collection is jazz biased, but there are plenty of other genres of music too, just in smaller quantities! Certainly, the naim system brings out the best from all the recordings I have, and with the addition of the NAC332 and NAP350ā€™s, when listening, I now have a continuous smile.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply Geoff and sorry about your dads passing .
So lovely that you visited him and shared so much music with him
I can imagine hearing certain tracks will make you remember him

I lost my father nearly 4 years ago.Like you he was a huge music lover and he had a big library of cassette tapes.I have about 15 attache cases each containing 40 tapes.
There mainly classical but also bands like the Beatles and The Stones and Pink Floyd.

I was never really into classical music when he was alive and just had about 10 classical albums but now have about 1500 on CD or Vinylā€¦I almost feel him encouraging me to discover composers.
The chats we could have had if he was still alive about classical.But its to late now.

Sorry about your close friend dying at 54 ā€¦it must have left a hole in your life.
At least you see his brother
I suppose thats all we can do with bereavement is cherish the memories

Warm regards Ian

2 Likes