4 Likes

Sitting in my cab, Lauren Laverne just played this. Had to crank it up

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

My original vinyl still sounds great, must dig it out when I get home
R-508401-1308215276.jpeg
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ricky Wilson was such an amazing guitarist – everything was pared down to its raw essentials, he was so precise, so… rhythmic, so powerful, so exciting and fresh. He was the beating heart of the B52s, and they were never quite as good after he died.

4 Likes

I’ve not really listened to anything post Ricky Wilson other than the commercial single Love Shack which to me wasnt a patch on the earlier stuff. Not for any particular reason, just that the above debut LP, Wild Planet and Party Mix were all played a lot amongst my circle of friends at this time. The first LP is still my go to selection.
I wasnt aware of the death of Ricky Wilson but maybe this had something to do with my losing interest.

:grin:

3 Likes

Banco de Gaia - so many good tracks, but this is one of my favourite - Wimble Toot:

3 Likes

The Soundmaker - Live on KEXP at The Triple Door, Seattle (Rodrigo y Gabriela)

2 Likes

In My Mind (M86 ft. Susie Q)

3 Likes

@TheKevster, Kev you might like to have a listen to Willi Bobo’s version of ‘Always There’ off his ‘Hell Of An Act To Follow’ album. If you have access to a streaming service it is there.

Absolute belter!

Will give it a listen Nigel (don’t subscribe to any streaming services but I’m sure I’ll be able to find it somewhere). :+1:

Steel Pulse supporting The Royal Protectors Of Mauna Kea

:heart:

Ah! The days when they were good, the best band in the universe, in fact!

3 Likes

Californian Soil (London Grammar)

2 Likes

Woven Song (Ólafur Arnalds)

Counting Crows / Vanessa Carlton - Big Yellow Taxi

2 Likes

Tok Tok Tok - take a walk on the wide side

Man Of War (Radiohead)

2 Likes
  • Martha Argerich: Ravel - Piano Concerto in G Major | Nobel Prize Concert 2009*
2 Likes

From '79, one of the countless hits from the Chinn-Chapman-Most hit factory.