Your Watch & Naim

His and hers. Total frivolity but we can always sell 'em later in life. And when the folks at the boutique like you and go out of their way to get them, . . .

19 Likes

Yes, I know it is somewhat sacrilege. But, here is my Breitling Navitimer “homage” watch:

It is a Breitling Navitimer homage watch, made by a British company called “Rotary”. It is beautiful and well made for its price. I cannot right now afford a real Breitling, but this watch will do fine for me in the present.

9 Likes

It’s good to see that Rotary are still making watches. IIRC they are, or at least were, one of the oldest independent Swiss watch brands around, having been owned by the same family (Dreyfuss) since 1885.

I have a Rotary Aquaplunge reverse panda Chronograph from 1967 in my watch collection and it’s a lovely old thing.

3 Likes

I have a couple of similar offerings by Rotary, I checked the case dims with the specs of the original they are very similar indeed. In many ways you get to find out if you can live with the watch style at very little cost. More accurate than the original too!

Mine fooled a salesman who was trying to find common ground :0~

A poor man’s Reverso , was my late wife’s gardening watch .

13 Likes

Here’s my Rotary Aquaplunge. This one has a Landeron 154 inside.

And here it is with it’s close sibling, a 1967 Lator running with a Valjoux 92.

The Chronographes website ran a fine 2 part feature on these watches a year or two back. The site is in French, but google translate will give a reasonable translation:

10 Likes

Just ordered an all black one from Amazon, at £79 it seemed rude not to!

1 Like

Doing a little research I have discovered that Rotary is sadly no longer owned by the Dreyfuss family, having sold the group and brands to Citychamp Watch & Jewellery Group Limited (an investment holding company formerly known as China Haidian Holdings).

Thanks for the information Richard!

Very tasteful Richard. I didn’t know Rotary and Lator. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Inspired by Fabio1’s recent purchase, this arrived today. A lot of watch for little money.

21 Likes

What a great watch for the money, enjoy…mine arrived today…

Trying a ‘shark mesh’ on it…

IMG_4840 (2)

10 Likes

Congratulations on yours! Looks good on the mesh bracelet, though I think I prefer a strap for this watch. Have now put mine on a black textile strap, which is more comfortable than the nato strap that came with it. Unfortunately my watch is running too slow - about 10 secs per day, which is a little excessive - so I’ve asked the local watchmaker to regulate it.

7 Likes

My quartz. Love the looks.

11 Likes

let it settle for a few weeks before regulating - seikos are known to vary when they are new. My Sarbs after service (which is basically a movement swap by seiko) lost 5s then gained 10 and have now settled at plus 5 a day.

3 Likes

Lovely looking vintage tool watch.

Yeah, probably should have let it settle a bit (but too late now).

The mesh looks good, however I think a black ‘fabric’ strap does look more appropriate…I’ll put one on later this week and post a piccy…thanks.

1 Like

My speedmaster circa 2016. Trying the supplied nato strap for a change

Needs a service as the button to start the stopwatch is not working at the moment. Love it for its classic design and ease of reading.

14 Likes

Omega managed to get the rights to ‘place’ their watches in the James Bond films, and a watch similar to yours has appeared in recent films.

Ian Fleming was a snob about these things in the books, and would be appalled that his agent was not sporting a Rolex.

(In Bond’s incarnation in the books, he drove a Bentley. Goodness knows what Ian Fleming would have made of him in Aston Martins of various marques.)