202/200 discontinued?!

Just because Naim is stopping production of the 200; it doesn’t suddenly start to sound rubbish. Don’t fret over it.

I had mine serviced in March to partner my new 282 and it sounds sublime.

7 Likes

No mate you can be done for non disclosure, have your policy cancelled and told to do one, I know this from experience

Not that far. Even the marketing blurb only claims “small improvements to some internal componentry and layout” so I don’t think we are talking about significant differences here.

Heard them both, have a Nova . They are good at their price point .

2 Likes

Have to agree with you there, I was always intending to have it serviced within the next twelve months, sort of “future proofing” as I have no intention of upgrading any more.
Would it be presumptuous to ask where your 200 was serviced and if it was a reasonable price?

Back to the mothership via. a Dealer

1 Like

I bought a NAP 200 this July. The serial number makes it a 2015 unit. It has a small DR sticker in the rear, not the big printed DR label of today.

Is it a DR original or was it DRed? Thank you for your comments my dear NAP 200 experts.

There was never a DR upgrade option for the 200.

2 Likes

Fast and precise. Thank you @ChrisSU.

Therefore this one is a DR original, correct?

I believe some of the early ones had a sticker not the printed back panel. Sure I’ve read that on this forum somewhere in the past, quite possibly it was @Richard.Dane who wrote it, but sure he’ll confirm one way or the other.

2 Likes

a NAP 200 cannot be converted to DR because the DR regulator requires a cut out to the board, which cannot be done on an existing NAP 200.

1 Like

Yes, AFAIK there were little stickers added to the existing NAP200 graphics on the rear panels to use them up. If you want it confirmed whether it’s a DR unit or not then best contact Naim with a serial number and ask.

3 Likes

There you go @Rafael just call the service department at Naim HQ and they’re tell you. They’re always extremely helpful in my experience.

1 Like

That is correct. I misread the original comment and thought he was referring to the 200 and 250 with his claim that they were identical, my mistake there.

Besides, if you want to know how a 200 should really sound then get a 160 !! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Interesting thread. I do wonder if Naim will take a modular approach to newer units allowing you to spec up parts of the unit according to budget and/or needs. Similar to the Klimax approach :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.