252 Sound Signature

I have been using a 252 with system automation for over five years and used as described by HH I find it a very precise way of controlling the volume.

Iā€™ve I have said before for me 252/300DR are 4 boxes of black musical magic

I too was going to go 250DR with then 282/HCDR - dealer got 300 non DR about the same price with out DR - DR back at NAIM

250DR is a lovely amp - for me the 300DR is my end game, and will drive your B&W !!! like a dream

1 Like

:+1: @Antz
Iā€™ve taken the first step in broaching the change with my wife ( over a nice meal and good champagne. Cunning eh?)
Sheā€™s OK with it as long as the box count doesnā€™t increase, which it wonā€™t as I plan to run the Superline on Aux 2 so the 300PS will take the current SC2 shelf. I think/hope the Aux will not be too much a lesser power source than the (getting on a bit) SC2. May even be better?

Now to have a chat with my lovely dealerā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found it not as easy to regulate as the 272 but like most things itā€™s got easier with constant use.

2 Likes

I work for a Champagne house so very good idea, I had the same plan it worked !!

1 Like

Nice, @Antz :clinking_glasses:

all this talk is swinging me to take plunge and try the 252, rang dealer and got price for trading in my beloved 282 vs a new 252

was looking at innuos pheonix next but think 252 may be a better step to get system synergy with the 300 DR :thinking:

2 Likes

That temptation is always easier,if ( and I see) you already have the SC.
So, will be interested in the changes from 282/SC to 252.

I bought the 282 with a SCDR into a 300DR.
My original intention was a 282 with a 250 as replacement for an SN3.
I didnā€™t think the 250DR was a sufficient step up from the SN3 but was more than impressed by the 300DR.
For some reason I didnā€™t think of the 252 at the time.
Shortly after I had the opportunity to buy an ex demo 252. The 282 was good but the 252 was well worth the extra expenditure. More detailed and refined producing a very enhanced musical experience.

6 Likes

well just pulled the trigger on a new 252 with trade in on my 282 should be arriving thursday with a Sarum T cable for my NAP 300ā€¦

my savings feel like i have just melted the polar ice caps

now have some explaining to do with the wifeā€¦

7 Likes

I found it took a few days to settle in and has continued to improve thereafter. I hope you enjoy the combination as much as I have mine.

1 Like

Just use the HIFI currency.

1 Like

in terms of taking a zero-0 off the end of what it cost u mean :innocent:

Indeed :laughing:

The good thing about Naim kit is that the 282 looks similar to the 252, looks similar to the 552 for when they come back from servicing. Just sayinā€™.

Enjoy.

5 Likes

Get back to us once youā€™ve got 100 hours on it.

will do

@anon4489532 sorry to tag this into here and so late but I couldnā€™t remember where you posted your concerns about WAV files Naim style on NAS. Iā€™ve just managed to play from my NAS and stream to all 3 devices. As per the photo below you can see that itā€™s a WAV file and all the meta data is in tack, no problems at all and I havenā€™t changed anything (well knowingly anyway). Not sure why itā€™s ok but I did purchase a storage system that had a music friendly menu and it was setup by a professional.

Sorry for the thread drift.

1 Like

The issue is with CDs ripped on a Naim CD ripper and stored as WAV due to the way that the metadata is stored outside the music files.
The results will also depend on what UPnP server you are now running, and on whether you are using folder view or tag view.
There is no issue with the music files themselves, just the metadata (including artwork) not being accessible by most non-Naim UPnP servers.

Itā€™s obviously true, HH brought it to my attention in a post a few months back. Luckily for me I appear to have purchased a NAS that can handle the data from a WAV file as mine are completely intact including cover art.