252 Sound Signature

I shouldn’t really say this but the 500 is one component I’d have for the aesthetics alone. To have that in my rack :sunglasses:

Would need another Fraim if I went up the 5’s…

I suspect a divorce settlement would rule that out!

2 Likes

Good luck :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Surely still 2 boxes, as per the 252 & SC? That’s one of my potential plans, to sneak a 552 in to replace the 252 & SC. Physically identical so no apparent change…

4 Likes

@HouseholdNaim

Yes, you’re right…I was thinking more of the 500.

A 552 could be slipped in easily…

Get thee behind me, naughty man!

2 Likes

The 252/300 combo looks just fine on 2 x 4 shelf Fraims. It’s my end game at least. Here’s mine.

Good luck with resisting the magnetic force field that the 500 series will undoubtedly try to pull you in with.:joy:

9 Likes

@Toon

Personally, I would love the two (lower) Fraim solution.Yours just looks lovely. Unfortunately, my wife is averse to the major room redesign that would be needed to have it.

But…I live in hope!

PS I tried the Linn on the Fraim, initially… the floorboards where the system sits are, sadly, like a Victorian jelly. So, wall shelf for my LP12.

4 Likes

Nice to see two half width boxes under the turntable, shows solstice prospective owners how it could look on a fraim. Strange how after years of mocking Cyrus the Naim half width box has been well received on the forum… way to go

1 Like

Cyrus phono stage = best I’ve ever heard. Looks nice on the Fraim with the power supply next door to it👍

2 Likes

I suspect that initially you will be a tad underwhelmed … a WTF may raise its head but not for long … it will be the best upgrade you have made … when the fellow comes on song you will be amazed at the difference to your sound enjoyment … I sense your smile already, well done.

1 Like

@JohnWillmott

Thank you John.
I’m really looking forward to hearing the 300DR effect! Everything I read about this amp has whetted my anticipation, and especially the command at lower volumes, something I hadn’t really found with my 250.
Wise words about the initial WTF response…mine is a NM 3 year old, so I’m hoping for a shorter on- song period as I assume it’s been through that with the previous owner. Of course, I’ll be warming it up aplenty!

Not long to Monday now…

1 Like

I think the improvement will be immediately obvious, when I slotted mine in I knew in the first few bars, even comparing a warm 250DR to the cold but run in 300 DR.

The 300 is so much better.

6 Likes

:hugs:

Sitting on hands here!

1 Like

All this 300DR talk…stop it…just STOP IT!

3 Likes

Quite……you need a 500 dr🤣

4 Likes

If I do that the wife will kick me out.

Can I stay at yours?

1 Like

Of course

1 Like

3 Likes

Why would you settle for 2 halves of pizza when you can have 2 whole pizzas?

1 Like

Cos two whole pizzas is £££££ :flushed: :crazy_face:

1 Like