272 set up

“I do understand it!”

Thanks for clarifying that David,

Actually I was replying to Woodford, not yourself, point out that when I completed my first software update, on my SuperUniti, from PC, I didn’t understand the need for a device driver in what was supposed to be a P&P world either.

「初心に戻る」

ATB, J

@Bjorn, it is now the bedroom system using internal PS for the first time and a NAP200. Overkill perhaps but why not!?

It also represents a spare in case the main system needs it and the trade in I didn’t feel represented good value.

1 Like

Yes why not, 272 is a real gem IMO :innocent:

1 Like

For gods sake :see_no_evil: when will this hell ever end , bought a micro usb lead but it’s the wrong one

I agree the OC software update process can be frustrating or downright scary if you’re unfamiliar with that sort of thing.

Depending on the age/make/model of your PC/Mac you’ll need a USB A or USB C to Micro USB DATA or DATA + Power cable;

e.g. USB A Version

Then download and read the file from the Naim Support Website, get and install the device driver if you need it and follow exactly the process described in the update documentation and you’re all done.

Or, as others have suggested, pop in to your Naim dealer who should be happy to help.

ATB, J

1 Like

1 Like

*looks like a match :+1:just need to find one now *

Online probably better than local phone/computer/electrical store - most don’t get the data vs power(charging) cable differences :smirk:.

ATB, J

its not a “micro” usb, its a “mini” usb you need
Amazon Basics USB-A to Mini USB 2.0 Fast Charging Cable, 480Mbps Transfer Speed with Gold-Plated Plugs, 1.8 m, Black : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

3 Likes

Thanks boys , ordered :+1:

Well this is still unresolved , anyone know where I can get software update south wales ?

Or anyone want to buy a hardly used 272

There are two bits of software you need…

The Naim update software
The Silicon Labs CP210x driver (if using Windows or an earlier Mac)

Other than that, ensure you have a reliable network connection to both the 272 and the computer being used, and follow the instructions for the Naim update carefully. The installation procedure isn’t obvious, but if you follow the instructions it’s actually quite easy, and it works reliably.

Tell us more about why you can’t do this update? It’s not hard and many of us here have done it many times ourselves. So where do you get stuck?

Thanks boys , well I eventually got the right cable , but we haven’t got a personal laptop in house , all iPads I’m afraid , wife brought her work one home but soon realised because she works for government it’s heavily protected about downloading so no good , my brother downloaded all the bits for me Tuesday but as he was Covid 19 heavy so could get here til last night , then he couldn’t get it from his laptop to the Naim , couldn’t find port to send it to Naim , going to try Audio t once more this morning , if no good . Will probably be o sale tomorrow.
Really soured my excitement the last 3 weeks have

Whereabouts do you live? Maybe a forum member could help out?

1 Like

You have to install the port driver. Assuming you did that then you should connect the 272 before you start the updater program on the PC. Then you select the port as you run the program.

He said South Wales…

Just taken it to audio t they seem to think it’ll be easy and hopefully pick it up laters :pray:t2::pray:t2::ok_hand:t2:*

1 Like