282+ 250/300 vs 252+300

I bought my old Naim system in Singapore , it was cheaper.
I just visit Thailand and they told me there that last summer was Naim heaven, agent there was replaced too, so did the agent in Singapore.

So guys , ex demo vs new? pros cons taking the price into the equation?

The new pre order unit is from the new agent, the Focal guy.

No, this reflects the old importer having to dump stock at fire sale prices with the changes in distribution. It’s the same in New Zealand and Australia. I got a new ND555 at 40% discount.

1 Like

What are planning to do with the rest of the system, the savings on the ex-demo could go towards other gear. Maybe try a cheeky offer on the demo unit.

On that topic. Have you read this?

Mystery about the status of the distribution of the Focal Naim audio brands in the Australian market has deepened, with insiders telling ChannelNews that the issue could relate to the possibility that the owners of the two brands Vervent Audio Group is set to sell the business or take in new partners.

According to sources in Australia, worldwide distributors of the two brands, are aware that if a change of ownership does take place, new owners could end up controlling the French Vervent Audio Group with the possibility emerging that new distributors could be appointed in some Countries. ChannelNews has been told that some distributors are already aware of a pending deal and have moved to sell stock down, these dealers are are also unable to comment due to none disclosure clauses in engagement contracts.

ChannelNews has requested a confirmation or denial of the rumours surrounding the French manufacturer of the Focal and Naim brands but at this stage we have not had a reply to our requests. We have also asked the Vervent Audio Group whether they are in the process of appointing new distributors in some Countries.

1 Like

I think this out of date, as a new distributer (Westan) was announced for Australia and New Zealand a few months ago, though the 300 series products only seem to be available in Australia and stock is still being dumped there at 40% discount (including the 222, 250 NC and NPX300). Not entirely sure what is happening here in NZ as the old distributer/dealer no longer lost lists and the only remaining dealer is listing old stock.

2 Likes

Damn! At that discount, I need not have shipped kit to Tassie from Wimbledon….

Mind you, if I had paid the usual price a year or two ago, I’d be furious.

1 Like

I’m looking for 300DR, unavailable here.
Dream source will be 555, but NDX2 with power source would be fine.

I still did not buy the 552 , might stay without as I’m sure when the old agent finish his stock the price will go up at the new agent.

Any more thoughts on 552 ex demo at 9868 pounds vs 552 brand/white illumination at 12,687?

I paid just under that for a 3 year old one. If a 552 features in your plans, I’d grab it - try a lower offer, it’s a buyers market.

What @Mike_S says.

1 Like

Ex demo?

No, second hand.

So 552 it is.
Now to the amp…
No 300DR at sight what so ever.
The new agent offered the new series 350 mono amp.
compare this to the 300DR+PS , any thought or experience?

Pair of 350s is a far more capable amp than the 300DR. Slam, detail, decay, bass control, staging all improved.

The 350s were the star of the show when we auditioned 300 series. We thought they’d work very well with our 252, with a 552 they should be awesome.

We’d have them in a heartbeat. They deserve very capable speakers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.