282 scdr

10 days in with the 282 SCDR pairing and today things have really opened up even Vicki (the wife) who states that every so called upgrade I have made she cannot hear any improvement, today even she said “wow this sounds good” previously the 282 was powered by a single HCDR.

I have reached a point on the amp front 282/SCDR/300 driving SL2s this will be my end goal.

12 Likes

Great amp combo that :+1:

1 Like

Thanks James :blush:

The SCDR is still new so I expect things to change over the next few weeks but today has been a real ear opener showing the full potential of this pairing.

That’s a great system you’ve built. A potent front end into a superb amp combo and a classic pair of Naim speakers.

Nice work.

2 Likes

Excellent, running same system into pmc 25.26. Supercap was a great improvement for the 282. Might be end for me too. Well, for now….:joy:

Scott

2 Likes

Unless the the numbers truly come up with a big prize the 282/SC is the end game for me.

2 Likes

Did you demo the 252 hifi man ?

1 Like

Many years ago before the launch of the SCDR I had an extended home demo when I was looking to replace my then NAC82, not to my taste but maybe the DR may change my mind.

Going from 282/SCDR/300DR to 252/SCDR/300DR was probably the biggest upgrade improvement in my system.
Just sayin’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Schhh don’t say that out loud. They just reached the end game :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

‘…end game’.

How we laughed.

G

10 Likes

Depends how one defines “the end game” the 282/SCDR sounds sublime in the context of my room, speakers and source, I have no desire to change a thing on the amp side.

5 Likes

Hi,l have the same pre amp and Supercap, could you tell me what cables you are using between these components please

Welcome to the forum.

I use two original Naim SNAICs between 282 and SC.

I’m about 6 weeks since the introduction of the SCDR, each week there’s been an improvement I’m totally gobsmacked how good this pairing is, the level of drive and realism from the 282 its the best I have heard :grin:

7 Likes

Haha. Not long before the 282 gets swapped out for a 252 then! :laughing:

2 Likes

No chance :grin:

But…

Is there a way to block these types of threads? The type that encourages upgrades? Or perhaps I have missed the real purpose of this form.
Right now I love my 282/hcdr*2/MF nu vista 300 amps.

And then this comes along…scdr…nap300dr…

3 Likes

Can I add a DAVE in the mix too :grin: