300 series vs 500 OC , listening and drifting

I understand your pain. I found the 252 the weak link and replaced it with a 552 in my 300DR set up. :wink:

2 Likes

A 552 has tiny power output compared to the 500. So itā€™s the weak link for sure. A 500 has no volume control ā€¦ so thatā€™s the weak link for sure. Canā€™t peel an apple with your hands, so they are definitely weaker than oranges. Oranges on the other hand ā€¦

2 Likes

What about opening a new thread telling us about your experience with the golden new aera, and let this conversation here just flow :slight_smile: ?

I am super interested about your Dartzeel findings. In search for reducing the amount of my black boxes I also had the 8550 for an extended home demo. Must admitt, that it was a fasinating experience and also could have lived well with this one box.

Let us know please :slight_smile:

1 Like

@glevethan,
I also would be very interested in your thoughts about the darTZeel, its performance and sound. Donā€™t worry, I know itā€™s only your opinion :wink:

1 Like

Oh Nigel all these years Iā€™ve been under a misapprehension. I just thought the idea was that we were a bunch of old blokes talking absolute bollocks about anything or nothing :flushed:

14 Likes

Nicely putšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Well, most of you :pray:

Indeed, that would be all of us :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Us old codgers are trying to pass the baton onšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

We are all old guys loving drifting

10 Likes

Hey FR you look cool, carry on driftingšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Reminds me of when I did a caterham day in 1997 I think it was. There was a 2.0vx with paddle clutch that was almost uncontrollable - but the six speed 1.4 k series was an absolute delight. I remember parking it sideways in a coned garage after driving it for a few minutes. Just delightful. (The tyres fitted were, erm, well worn shall we say!)

3 Likes

Guess were is the weak link in that engine ? :grin:. The chassis ? Me driving ? The motor ?

1 Like

Not youā€¦ā€¦breathe of fresh airšŸ‘

2 Likes

Very interested to hear what your impressions are when you get it fully run in.

1 Like

Brilliant! Oh, how the truth hurts.

I hate to think how many hours I have expended reading and talking bollocks on here.

However, sometimes, just sometimes, it would be nice to actually restrict the bollocks to a particular topic the OP has posed.

After all, we have the Lounge for absolute bollocks!

5 Likes

@NigelB think Iā€™ll try my luck on the cod philosophy threadšŸ¤”

1 Like

@LindsayM, yes, plenty of bollocks and ā€˜codswallopā€™ on that thread.

1 Like

Four bollocks in one post. Surely a record here. Congratulations Nigel!

2 Likes

Thanks.

Drifting again

1 Like