300 series vs 500 OC , listening and drifting

My NSC 222 to NAP 350 to Allae sounds the bollocks to me

1 Like

Catā€™s or dogā€™s?

Is it a humor bollocks or a real listening impression? :smiley:

Dogs

Both. Iā€™am really please with the way it sounds.

2 Likes

I hate to be a pedant :grinning: but it wasnā€™t 4 bollocks because the 1st was a quote from a previous post.

Anywayā€¦ā€¦ā€¦drifting and driftingā€¦.

Iā€™m still surprised to see the Forum censor bot lets ā€˜b*****ksā€™ through, seeing as how d!ck is banned.

Americans, ehā€¦

1 Like

I loved my 252/SC (non DR). Great finesse to my ears.

4 Likes

Yes I did too.

So no PS on the 222? Just 222/350(2)? Interesting to hear your impression. I suspect a 222/555/350 will sound pretty great.

Iā€™m not running away with my comments about the 252. I wanted to get on with that amp and spent a lot of money and time trying to. Itā€™s just meh, esp with SC2/250.2.

1 Like

Why did you not stick with that then Stu? I specifically refused to go further and donā€™t regret it even though Iā€™ve heard a number of very well setup and excellent 500 series systems. I can afford the leap but just donā€™t feel the need, a bit like Graham55 with his very nice olive setup. Oh I heard such an olive setup but with a 250 and LP12 with Ekos plus Troika into the k-boards and it was excellent

1 Like

The Supercap I owned was old and out of service. For not much more than the cost of a service, I could get a P/L SCDR instead. And whilst I was on the lookout for that, a 552DR came up for not much more than the cost of upgrading to the SCDR. If my SC hadnā€™t been in need of a service then I would most likely still own it and the 252 today!

Luckily for me such offers never come up otherwise I might also be tempted to stay on the upgrade path :joy:

2 Likes

Still no one to have made a listening and compared both ?

@Gazza , I think to remember that you enjoy going often to Signals. Donā€™t they propose such comparison ? Second hand 500 or 552 , serviced, must cost similar money than 332 , or 350. So they should be people wondering what take next.
Personally I made my opinion, but couldnā€™t compare both the same day. And curious also about others experiences.

1 Like

I went to the 200 and then the 300 launch. I listened to the 200 series with a 300 psu vs the old 252/SC/300. For me, i much preferred the sound of the latterā€¦ā€¦which is more expensive.
I have not listened to the new 300 series vs the old 500 series as it was not part of the launch. I could waste their time and ask for the comparisonā€¦ā€¦but they know, and i know i will never buy the kit?

3 Likes

Too busy drifting :wink:

1 Like

Please, waste their time and fill this thread :joy:

1 Like

Probably that :+1:
But some here, instead of driving straight to their home, can drift a little and stop at a dealer shop too.

1 Like

For people in the north of England, Acoustica has organised a show of the 300 series components with a range of speakers this weekend at the Doubletree hotel in Chester.

Anyone who wants to hear the NC 300 series in action is welcome to attend.

I am going with two friends on the Saturday.

Really looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Ask them to connect a 552 / 500 also, if possible :hugs: