300DR+282/HicapDR+NDX connection advice

It’s the only one with a balance control….

No, scrub that, I’ve no idea.

Just press the pre button on the remote and it will control the 282.

.sjb

The one in the right is a Narcom 5 and can be used on your 282.

Tried but neither Narcom4 nor Narcom 5 work with the 282.

On a positive note the kind folks at Acoustica in Chester helped me out and I managed to get hold of a 4 pin link plug and thank god I now have sweet sound.

1 Like

Unless the remotes are faulty of have dead batteries both the 4 and 5 should work. This also assumes that the receiver on the 282 itself is actually working.

1 Like

Do I not need to pair the remote with the unit first?

No, it should just work - but press the pre button to gain full functionality.

.sjb

1 Like

having had the same set up i found with mine

keep the NAPSC as far away from sources as possible, the longer lead allows for this, try and get the shortest possible route from TT into the 282, some owners day AUX 1 or tuner, I had mine on the floor under Fraim

I still have my 300 NAP and 300 PSU in that order on my Fraim

enjoy the system lovely set up

1 Like

What was on the floor?

NAP SC I should think Nick. That’s where mine is and as far away from the rack as it would reach🙂

That’s what I did in Tasmania - it’s apparently fine quite close to Core and Hicap, but nothing else.

1 Like

The TT is plugged into Aux2 and the front has the aux2 buttons lit up both on top and bottom row. Should I do it differently?

Also the lead connecting the TT to the 282 is a Qed performance 5m long. And the phono stage is next to TT. Anything needs changing there?

In regards to the 282 why does it have two rows of buttons?

The bottom row of buttons is the record circuit. It’s usually best to mute it if you are not using the recording anything.

It may be better to have your deck plugged into an input only socket. Any reason you chose Aux2?

No not recording anything so muted it.
No particular reason for choosing the aux 2. I didn’t realise it made a difference. What am I best using?

Try CD or Tuner just to see if it makes a difference. I’m not sure if the labels can be changed on the buttons like they can on the 82 or 52.:thinking:

I can only try CD because my TT only has RCA phono connections.

Actually the NDX is connected to CD connection. Should I move it to somewhere else?

Now, as far as the power supplies are concerned can I stack them? I.e. can I put the HicapDR and Napsc on top of the 300ps? Instead of the current side by side setup?

Or if that is frowned upon can I move the Napsc behind the cabinet on the floor and can it be placed on its side?

wooden floor boards and rug, NAPSC sat just nicely under fraim

1 Like

I would leave the power supplies as they are rather than stacking them. There’s no harm in sticking the NAPSC somewhere out of the way. However, that means out of the way of cables too, so if you put it behind your shelf you should keep it well clear of any cables that carry an audio signal in particular.

1 Like