300DR ....shall I?

Doesn’t the 300DR also need a SuperCap to work ?

No, the 300 has it’s own power supply. The Supercap would likely be for a pre-amp.

Had my 250DR upgrade to 300DR a few days now. It’s a significant upgrade to me, everything is much more defined. The low volume difference is amazing. It’s very hard to explain.
If you can afford it do

9 Likes

When going to 300DR isn’t there also a commitment to keep everything else to a level which justifies it, pre / PS’s ? I started with NAIT 5i in 2008 now have 282/250DR so have already gone beyond sensible. 300DR and associated upgrades is another planet

2 Likes

So a 500 system = :crazy_face: ?

I’d better get help!

2 Likes

500+Titan 808s😎

1 Like

I like the 282. Many prefer it to the 252.
Im running it through a supercap which elevated it considerably.

1 Like

I love my 282 but I would prefer a 252. However, it’s knowing that in reality I want a 552 that puts me off making the step up. I’m done😁

3 Likes

552 on Ebay…£8k’ish… :smiling_imp:

(No connection to the listing, just tempting!)

2 Likes

I’ve seen not DR and no upgrades at the moment. I’m definitely sticking where I am!

2 Likes

Ah. The steely resolve of a man who’s already been searching ‘Naim’ on ebay.

I too recognise that resolve.

G

9 Likes

Yes, of course.
Huge upgrade from 250DR. Works fine with 282+hicapdr better with 282+supercapdr

1 Like

Oh good! Thanks - I didn’t notice the not DR bit, just the serial no. & service implications.
I’m sticking too!

1 Like

If its too good to be true, it isn’t…

Shock news - they were already quite good before DR came along.

1 Like

Well the 300dr is sat on my rack.
Early days, but so far I can’t disagree with any of the positive responses above.
Of immediate note was the increased control over the low end…less boom, more note and the increased soundstage.
Thank you all for your valued insights.
My wife is back from holiday tomorrow. I am confident the box count will go unnoticed. If you don’t hear from me again, then she clocked it.

11 Likes

I’m still not sure my wife realised why -
but she did all of sudden comment on how the music sounded “lovely”.

2 Likes

Yes, Naim boxes have the advantage of being discreet, its not so easy if you suddenly find yourself with one of these sitting on the top shelf of the rack.

Sleeve
I don’t by the way, mores the pity.

2 Likes

:flushed:

:face_with_peeking_eye: