500 Series vs. Statement?

Good point. Hope Mitch has not sold on the spare shelves from his 500/552. I have three racks so the nDAC and Innuos Zenith are on their own.

Phil

But I donā€™t see where the third rack could goā€¦

20210310_2131042560Ɨ1440 557 KB

@Mitch , maybe time to put the scotches elsewhere :woozy_face:. ?
Or the Kuzma tt at the place of the Master tape and Cd555 where sits the Kuzma?

2 Likes

I have 3 racks but I donā€™t have a Statement! The message is space helps big power supplies.

Phil

New to the forum so appreciate Iā€™m late to the party.
Just wanted to say your early post really made me laugh on this rather indulgent thread.
Anyway offer accepted ! Iā€™ll bring the crisps - Kettle or Tyrells? After all when youā€™ve tasted the best in high-end snacks nothing else will do ā€¦

2 Likes

Only Salty Dog crips will do, Iā€™m afraid, and no cheap blended whisky either.

I have standards to maintain, and we have competition from across the pond.

3 Likes

Glad I didnā€™t ask which pub you own! (Hopefully I recalled that correctly.)

Now that Iā€™ve had the Statement for a few weeks, I realize just how silly the original proposition was.

2 Likes

Most forums and social media sites do the same, keeps the file sizes down.

Well you would hope so as the 500dr/552dr cost Ā£43000, the statement Ā£179000.
Just a little difference lol, but the question is, is it Ā£136000 better ?

Hi Dunc,

You are correct that, considering the price differential, the Statement should be (had better be!) a VERY significant improvement. Iā€™ve had my Statement for around 4 weeks now and I am appreciating it more each time I play something. As Iā€™m sure you know, it takes some weeks (months?) before Naim gear settles down to its optimal performance level. Even though there was an obvious and immediate distance between the two systems initially, the gap between the 500s and Statement continues to widen. I could have been completely satisfied with the excellent reproduction the 500s provide for the rest of my life. I had no interest in ever upgrading againā€¦and then the Statement opportunity came along. As Iā€™ve mentioned earlier, I was able to buy a used, mint condition Statement system, fresh from a factory inspection and conversion to 110v, for less than a third of the retail price. I couldnā€™t resist and I am glad I did not. the Statement truly transforms the entire listening experience. Youā€™ve, no doubt, heard the superlatives tossed about before so Iā€™ll refrain from repeating them. I just sit in my chair and smile like an idiot when listening. Plus, they look SUPER COOL!!

12 Likes

At a third of the price that makes the case very strong indeed, a totally different matter to the full price. Congratulations

2 Likes

Absolutely! There is no way I would have even been able to think about it.

You got a great bargain with them at a 3rd of the new price Mitch. Now if you get them converted back for UK mains Iā€™ll give you a 3rd of what you paid for them. :grinning:

1 Like

Seriously? Youā€™re too kind!!!

1 Like

Iā€™m always on the lookout for a bargain! :wink:

You do know that S2s are due at the end of the year so S1 values will plummet at that point. Iā€™m actually doing you a financial favour - youā€™d be crazy to turn it down! :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL You had me there, for a second.

2 Likes

Will the S2 have a tape out?
#justasking
#runningforcover

4 Likes

It had better, or else we start this all over again!!!

2 Likes

Wow - you went there :astonished::grinning:

Well I know Steve Sells has an old Statement prototype at homeā€¦he plays with. So an S2ā€¦probably one day at Naim speed