In normal stereo play hear hiss from right speaker- no music
Briefly checked connections- all seem good
How can I identify cause of problem? Clearly not speakers
Try different input on 552?
Other thoughts?
Not happy
David

Call your local dealer Monday morning.

So its probably a Source problem - the ND555. Have you got another source you could try - even if only temporarily…? Yes, to try another input.

Otherwise, as @Mr.M says. Contact your Naim dealer.

No other source
My input on 552 is currently “cd” which is number 2
If I change inputs should I use number 1?
Any other ideas?

The dreaded relay once again ?
552 problem

So worth trying a different input on 552?

Change your Sarum T to Lavender or Hiline (whatever cable you replaced) between 555 and 552 to exclude the cable from being the issue.

Did it happen when coming back on from MUTE?

Not if its the relay, it will be like it on every in put
Lots of info on the relay problem, just do a search

… as per Dunc, it does sound like a mute relay on the ND 555.

The ND 555 has two outputs, DIN and RCA, they have independent mute relays.
Do you have an RCA lead handy?

• Use the app to turn the RCA output on
  • Plug into the RCA input on the 552 (press input buttons until you see which rear panel LED lights up next to an RCA input - depends how you input mapping is set)
2 Likes

How does one get the rca input on the 552 to light up?
I can activate all the other inputs but the rca

Well update.
With din connection using a different input did not fix the problem
Then using rca from nd555 to 552 fixed the problem. Sound from both channels
So this means fault is Nd555, right?@110db
Or could it still be 552?
David

1 Like

By default they aren’t assigned, so you need too reassign the sockets as per the manual.

7.2 Input Socket Assignment

The NAC 252 has six DIN input sockets and two alternative pairs of RCA Phono sockets. The RCA Phono sockets can be assigned individually to the cd and aux 2 input buttons in place of the DIN sockets.

Input assignment setup is accessed through the NAC 252 program mode. To switch into (or exit from) program mode press and hold the prog key on the remote handset (in preamplifier mode). Program mode is indicated by a flashing indicator on the front panel volume control and the record selection indicators extinguishing.

Note: If no function is operated within five minutes of entering program mode the NAC 252 will return to normal mode automatically.

Once in program mode press and hold the remote handset
1 key to select or de-select the RCA Phono socket input for
cd, and the remote handset 6 key to select or de-select the RCA Phono socket input for aux 2. The corresponding front panel input buttons can similarly be used to select or de-select the RCA Phono socket inputs. The appropriate input button indicator will flash three times on selection of the RCA Phono option and once on selection of the DIN option.

To exit from program mode press and hold the prog key on the handset until the record select indicators are restored and the volume indicator stops flashing.

Sounds most likely to be the ND555’s relay is stuck on the DIN output.

Sounds like ND555, unless Din lead is the problem, however I doubt this…

Tried my old lavender din connection from streamer to 552- right channel still dead.
So it sounds like problem is nd555 relay
I’m in US- should I use Naim Audio distributors in Canada or AV Options? My dealer is 1500 miles away though I will speak with him
Unit under warranty, thank goodness
I plan to have this fixed, though the cheap RCA cables from Best Buy don’t sound bad :wink: ($8.00).
40 yrs with Naim and first time had a problem (other than on-off switch on 135).
David

1 Like

I’ve had a DIN lead fail before. Only found out after I’d replaced my AV amp.

1 Like

It’s worth checking out the lead as well (which I think has now been done)… :+1:

Had the same problem, my dealer came down and we discovered it was the 552.

See my last post
Replaced chord Sarum T with Naim lavender din din lead.
Right Channel still absent

1 Like

So the fact that using the rca leads which eliminated problem doesn’t mean it is the ND 555?
Now I’m confused
@110db