500 to 500DR?

Thank you,the same to you :wink:

1 Like

Stu

If you are able to budget for it, this looks like a great deal to be struck - whilst the proverbial iron is hot! DR upgrades were withdrawn by Naim a while back and I whilst i suspect this may be offered at some point in the future, no-one will be able to confirm this until it is (if at all) announced.
Although Dunc has (for now!) abandoned the Naim camp, I reckon I would take comfort to have his assurance about the 500dr offered by the dealer. Good luck with your decisions. And be assured, no pressure whatsoever from this place!! :innocent:

Peter

2 Likes

Has that 500DR got good tyres on it
I hope so looks like they have been kicked a lot recently😉

1 Like

I thought you bought it already Stu! Hope your decision goes well. Someone will snap it up soon anyhow. Just don’t live with any regrets. And now it has provenance with Dunc as previous owner. Am sure it’s immaculate.

Well my 552dr has gone, so be quick if you want it.

1 Like

@Stu299 going going going going ……… :wink:

I tell you what. I will help you by taking that shoebox sized Hicap off your hands :rofl:

1 Like

I do wonder whether a ND555 might be a better use of funds though….

I’m not sure whether getting both units aligned for service internals is a big consideration? My used 552 DR was 3 years old, the 300 DR 8 years. A new 300 DR is now on sale here now, and I vaguely wondered whether to a swap. But the used one I have has a good 5 years on it before a service, which is far enough away to not worry about the lie of the land then.

Still, if the net cost of a swap out is reasonable, then why not?

1 Like

Remember it is better to regret something you have done compared to something you haven’t!

1 Like

Yes I fully agree. If he didn’t save his money and blew it on a 500DR, he would surely regret it🤣

Better if no one buys it, so it can be bought back by the one who sold it :wink:

1 Like

:smile::fire:

3 Likes

Don’t think about it, it’s a unique opportunity which you should grab. The instead suggested NDS to ND upgrade is more easy to make in the future, once you would have the appetite. The DR topic is unclear right now and it might be offered again in the future but also perhaps not. And it might take quite a while before Naim have rolled out the new classic range to the 500 level, so waiting might also deprive you for a long time from the pleasures of 500 DR….

2 Likes

Only you can make a decision. Don’t be influenced by us lot😉

Of course (and honestly speaking for myself), I would not buy it and stay with your already “fantastic” non DR 500 and vacate this “evil” place and enjoy your music with what you have. Quite simple really unless you are continuously stuck on the upgrade treadmill

We have to stop somewhere (most of us that is) and only you can judge and decide that point

6 Likes

That certainly won’t be happening

What did you decide to do in the end?

Nothing decided still on the fence…

1 Like

We all know that @Stu299 will get it in the end.

His will power is just not strong enough to do otherwise :wink:

2 Likes

FWIW, I DR’d several items, including a 552 and introduced a 555DR alongside a non-DR one, and I found the DR upgrade to the 500 brought easily the biggest benefit by comparison to the non-DR version of the three.

2 Likes

I think that the sound become too clinical with DR,a more balanced sound with non DR.

3 Likes