500 to 500DR?

OK so as helpfully suggested by Peter I’ve made a new thread whilst I’m umming and ahhing over a 2007 vintage 500DR (Dr’d in 2017) and I believe it was previously in the possession of esteemed forum member Dunc.

Thing is I only bought my 500 last summer, but this looks like a good deal.

I would have it serviced by Naim prior to delivery and it looks to be in great condition.

It would pair up with my recently serviced 552DR and that would be my amp sorted for many a year.

My 500 was serviced in Dec 2013 so I’m going to have to deal with it before too long anyway.

Hopefully someone will swoop in on the DR and save me having to make a decision :smiley:

@bruss I would get it serviced now whilst it’s with the dealer. Saves a lot of hassle later on.

1 Like

15 years service interval for Nap 500,so -2028 then…

From Naim website -

How often should I service my Naim product? This is a question often asked, and the Service Department recommendations are as follows: for the Chrome Bumper (circa 1975 - 1989) and Olive (circa 1989 - 2000) range products, we recommend every 8 - 10 years and for the newer Black products (2000 - present), every 12 - 15 years.

1 Like

It’s my pair that’s for sale, both are in great condition.
As said, the 500 ps doesn’t need a service for a few years yet. If you can do a deal i would go for it.

1 Like

Is there no expectation that Naim will once again start doing DR upgrades especially seeing as they have more capacity now in Slovakia?

.sjb

5 Likes

No For Sale or Wanted ads! (includes free gifts, services, and loans of equipment) - this includes transparent or oblique references to equipment for sale or equipment being sought - sometimes this will be a judgement call. ALL links to, or mentions of, equipment For Sale will be moderated.

It’s DR all the way for the 500 in my book. I’ll never forget the moment I started listening after I had my 500 back from DRing :flushed::grimacing: Enjoy and congratulations Peter

1 Like

Is there a chance to compare your non-DR 500 with the DR one on offer?

1 Like

ConfusedDotCom???

3 Likes

Somehow I’m picturing Mr. Curry.

.sjb

5 Likes

Bought it!

Just kidding.

G

5 Likes

It would be difficult due to distance.

Wish you had!

1 Like

So far it’s just about OK as nobody one here is offering anything for sale or asking to buy from others. From what I gather this is a unit that is being sold by a non-naim dealer and happened to be previously owned by a member here.

4 Likes

Oh there you are @Stu299

Did you buy it yet :wink:

1 Like

You lot are wicked :grin:

2 Likes

Take on the world! Buy that 500DR

3 Likes

Go have tea and biscuits.lol

2 Likes