500 v 2x300 active?

Need to discuss with naughty Pete, but he was saying we can keep to four levels (base plus three) x2 with a medium height level in both.

But to allow the space for melco n1z, melco ripper and EE switch is two more shelves (so extra one each side). Then a space for second 555 makes six standard on right (so turntable same height as now which is quite comfortable) and five required on left. So six standard on the right and on the left either two medium (plus three standard) or a single tall (plus four standard)? Space is needed for the 500 Plus four standard level items.

So much for cutting down on the fraim :grimacing:

Although the fraim will still be a bit lower than the 808s…

No!

1 Like

French cheese cake= CHEESE, CAKE, ICE CREAM :grin:

1 Like

Sounds delightful!?!

1 Like

I think I exaggerate a bit. Not all cakes with ice cream. Generally more apple pie or crumble with ice cream.
Sorry Tim, I stop here.

1 Like

That’s a wise decision :sweat_smile:

A second 555PS makes a tremendous difference.

And if you enjoy classical music the difference is simply astonishing!

There is no going back. It is that simple.

We really get used to sound, especially when it sounds “right”. It was only when I disconnected the second 555PS that I realized how good the ND555 + 2xPS was.

So yes Tim, a twin powered ND555 heading a 500DR amplification driving your Titans 808 will undoubtedly be an outstanding system!

If you didn’t enjoy symphonic music in the past, you’ll enjoy it now.

For that kind of demanding music, speakers like yours and a good source are both necessary, unfortunately.

2 Likes

No need to apologise, but the finest crumble known to mankind (obv need custard not ice cream…) is gooseberry crumble :yum:

1 Like

Totally agree (but with double cream)

1 Like

The vanilla ice cream compensates for the acidity of the gooseberries, it’s the balance.
Bare gooseberries is a mullet cake :rofl:

Its all very strange this hifi stuff, as i have experienced now twice, that i can add something and not hear a difference, leave it in for a few days, then remove it, only to go, o thats not good lol.
Whereas before in my ever upgrade journey, its made a difference right from the start, and thats been the yes i will have it or no, its not for me.
Strange really, anyway back on track, best you ring that sparky up and chase him

1 Like

Not listened to the system for a couple of days - long days of work so not had chance. But listening to a bit of Liza Minnelli and hearing it like never before :ok_hand:

Not really looking forward to going through the run in process from scratch again but the end result will be well worth it

1 Like

trickydickie - fraid not. I had some dreams of keeping the SL2s to go as front speakers in the cinema room (nSats at the moment) but am keeping the cost down by px-ing them, and I have been making efforts this year to cut down on the surplus hifi kit in the house

2 Likes

Me too Tim, nothing like quite like reducing box count :wink: glad the speakers are settling in well. ATB Peter

1 Like

Oh come on get into the Xmas spirit…a few Xmas tracks “i wish it could be Xmas” etc and they will be run in pretty quickly.
No need to invite me😬

1 Like

That’s the best excuse for an S1 yet :joy:

1 Like

There will be plenty o Christmas music blaring out when the children and my wife get going. Daughter number two as using the system the other day for the first time ever. Not sure Spotify is quite the thing to test 808s though…

1 Like

I just know whats going to happen…you are in for a very enjoyable Christmas :partying_face:

2 Likes

Have agreed with Pete that we are going to be putting the melco (n1z and ripper) and switch on fraim (minimising Ethernet runs between the n1z and the nd555), so I think we will have five levels on the left stack two of which will be medium height, the rest standard, and six standard on the right, marching height- one medium needed for 500 and the other will make space around the nd555 / 552?

Should look very neat - will all be full fat fraim as the dark cherry fraimlite (all with glass and balls) is being traded in against used light cherry full fat

On the basis that going active (on the 808s) even with 3x250s would add three shelves (and 3x300s would add six!), it should be clear why I will never be going active. A single 500 is the limit

3 Likes

You have an amazing setup exciting times :+1:

1 Like

Just seen you are quite local to me…