500DR system salvation

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your continued support with me living with cancer. As part of my treatment and well being I purchased a full 500DR system and upgraded my Linn LP12 to full Klimax spec.

This has proven to be my mental salvation in so many ways. It should be prescribed on the NHS.

I just wanted to let you know that although the main system has been up and running for a while, things haven’t stopped there.

I have upgraded cables including the standard XLR 3 pin to 4pin from amp to preamp to Superlumina.

I have also added a PhoenixNet switch which I am now using daisy chained to the EE8 with Farad Super 3. In the end I managed to buy an Audioquest Diamond ethernet cable between PhoenixNet and ND555 and am using the Vodka between EE8 and PhonenixNet.

I have Gaia I on order with carpet spikes for the Sopra 2s.

The record cleaning machine Degritter is cleaning all my records very well.

I have also bought quite alot of vinyl.

Thought I would say thank you so much for all your input, advice and support. And of course an opportunity to celebrate my system and your systems!

Much love,

Super Dan
Xxxx

128 Likes

Happy to see that the hifi system has been an important part of what has pulled you through. Wish you many many years of enjoyment of your 500 system.

8 Likes

Gaia and carpet spikes are definitely a good move with the floor standers. Nice one.

3 Likes

Thanks @BertBird. It certainly keeps my spirits up. Absolutely love my system. And love this forum! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Looking forward to an uplift! Do you have them?

Yes - they tightened up the sound further and the carpet spikes gave further improvement. Important that the logo on each support is aligned zero or 180 degrees relative to speaker alignment, otherwise the damping is non-optimal.

1 Like

Excellent. When I bought the Sopra 2s the dealer suggested them as an upgrade. So now getting round to ordering them I look forward to hearing what they can do.

2 Likes

It’s great you’re getting so much from the system Dan, keep enjoying the music.

2 Likes

This is why I am calling my 500DR system my salvation!

It shows the positive force that upgrades can have! And I always wanted this system. My cancer journey has expediated getting the full 500DR system!

And I absolutely love it!

10 Likes

I’d certainly appreciate hifi upgrades being put on the nhs :joy:. I’m glad you have something positive to focus on. And I hope your system brings you joy and positivity into the future.

3 Likes

Thanks, I think that this is something @Richard.Dane can look into and get Naim and Focal to liaise with the NHS on keeping audiophiles mentally well in times of upheavel :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Given the NHS cost-cutting measures, I think the best they’ll do is a 300 series Naim with a Select level LP12!

3 Likes

I could use it as a bedroom system I guess!

I wonder if we - as a community - can get you 500 likes on the first post of this topic:

7 Likes

I have them on my Sopra #1s Dan and they made a significant difference on my wooden floor. Everything just sounded a lot more balanced and cleaner from the offset. They seem to make my speakers a lot more stable too as the wooden floor is pretty uneven where it got sanded too hard.

System is looking fantastic by the way, I can tell there have been many hours invested in stacking, restacking and cable dressing. Well worth it by how clean and tidy it all looks. Great to hear it is having a positive impact on you too. Long may it continue :+1:

1 Like

It’s a beautiful looking (and sounding, no doubt) system. I really like the way that the blond wood of the Fraim looks with black legs as well.

Hopefully your listening chair is up to spec as well? :wink:

4 Likes

Hey @Dan_M , your system looks absolutely amazing, I can only imagine how it sounds.
I :100: agree with you, great music of your choice played through a high quality hifi system is I believe good/great for the soul!
A great energy booster for sure :+1:
Keep playing and play it loud! :grin:

4 Likes

You’re an incredible person Dan !

4 Likes

@Dan_M

Wishing you good fortune with the next treatments. Many hours of enjoying your music through the system and family time.

Looking forward to 10 years or so, imagining you telling us how much better it sounds after you get every box serviced again. In the meantime, hearing about smaller additions, cables etc will be good.

1 Like

We have a long way to go. Only around 50 likes so far. 450 to go!!

5 Likes