500dr

I have a bit or less hum with several boxes. 1x 135, and one supercap is hum sensible. Even nap175 has a bit hum, when you put your ear…
The most silent box I have ever owned is the 555ps DR! :smile:
No relation to DR here

Ps: can you please stop tempting me to look for nap 500

I have not found that

1 Like

Believe me you need one…

1 Like

Good for you👍,I like the way music sounds
in non DR equipment better,so no problem for me.

DR Stu has gone very quiet. The silence (aka very very low noise floor) is deafening :joy:

1 Like

Maybe I’m satisfied :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m not sure how to interpret your reply :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

I certainly hope so. It’s a fantastic system you have there once you add the 808s of course :sunglasses:

You’re forgetting the NDS

No…. I would do the speakers first and wait for the prices of the 500 series to plummet

However my senses/judgement could be impaired after a glass or two of chateauneuf du pape :grin:

In fact you know I’m only joking Stu, stay with the wonderful system and setup that you have. You have to do something about that carpet though :joy:

I added an older 555PSDR to my existing one powering my CD555, definitely noticed this model is a little noisier, I am guessing older caps etc… were the reason, works perfectly well, having both units has definitely impacted ever so slightly on my once silent noise floor when powered up and close to my drive units without music playing, to be expected given all the current, they do certainly help the CD555 sing!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.