552DR/300DR incoming…

And the NDS is rather good in its own right…

2 Likes

Must be a bug going around as I have also completed a deal on a 500 collecting this weekend.

After some thought regarding the brain stack I’m using existing Fraim base and two medium levels 552DR top, 500 middle with DAVE on the base.

5 Likes

That’s amazing too. You are so lucky! I like this bug. I look forward to see how tou get on with it.

Thanks Dan I’m looking forward to it.
One thing though I’ve promised and in writing to Vicki (long suffering wife) no more audio purchases for 10 years!

3 Likes

Not listening :hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

And of course if you change out the 500 for a DR version she will never know. It just goes off for a routine service and comes back sounding great.

Or wait 10 years and then change to DR. Lol.

Exciting times ahead !

1 Like

NAP500 ETA Tuesday :partying_face: My 552 came from the same seller so the circle is now completed and I expect them to deliver 1+1=3 paying back being best pals again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It has to go on top shelf for now which can look pretty cool but I’m planning to change legs on the lower shelf and put it at the bottom on the brains side which currently is empty. I’m a bit bit split between medium legs to make it tight around the 500 head unit compromising levels not being level Vs tall legs adding more room above the 500 but instead get all shelves in level.

2 Likes

And many have found the extra space between boxes improves the SQ.

Enjoy though.

Phil

2 Likes

A promise is a promise Dan :wink:
I’m sort of hoping Naim in the future will restart the DR upgrades but for now I ain’t that bothered as a none DR300 sounds bloody marvellous.
Collecting the 500 tomorrow afternoon :slightly_smiling_face:

NAP300 dusted down boxed and ready to go, sad day as the 300 served me well over the years dishing out excellent tunes.

5 Likes

You’ve been on quite a journey from the days of 272 300 555PS to 552 300 with Dave and NDXS2. And next up 500.
A 10 year contract sounds horrendous. Lol. You could get less for murder on good behaviour. I am sure you know what you are doing.
Sometimes its difficult to know when to stop. She must be a keeper. Good luck on the 10 years and keep your nose clean. You could be out of deal in 3 years on good behaviour :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Really looking forward to hear how the new 500’s are recieved. IME it was a big upgrade on the 300. I’m guessing the 300DR will run it closer…

2 Likes

Dan I’ve had the 82 SUPERCAP with NAP 300. It’s lots of fun but I’ve heard that the 300 is more nimble than the 500 so perhaps it was a better match

500 collected after a 7 hour round trip. Can of beer tonight then setup tomorrow.

8 Likes

I’m very impressed with the 300 DR in my system, it seems to drive the speakers effortlessly with a very controlled low end. As I changed from 252/250 to 552/300 at the same time, I can’t assign how much of the big performance lift is down to each component, but they certainly match very well.

3 Likes

Get a six pack and install it now man :sunglasses:

1 Like

300DR is indeed a great amp. Next week I will know how good it is against NAP500. I’m thinking there might be some added synergy between 552 and 500 even though not being DR but just a guess based on reading through all related threads :slightly_smiling_face:

At least the 500 looks awesome :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

I wouldn’t get much sleep, would be too excited
Happy dreams
David

Exciting :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks

Its coming together :grin:

11 Likes

That just looked incredible and imposing! My final dream item as well.

3 Likes