552DR/300DR incoming…

The 500 is a beautiful bit of design. One day (not!) I’ll hear one…

I’m never risking hearing anything I can’t afford :joy:

3 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

I’m buying it blind. I trust what you guys have wrote about it :wink:

3 Likes

I bought mine (albeit a DR) without listening first….the kind dealer said he’d do it sale or return but was confident it wouldn’t come back. It took all of one track to know that my 300 wasn’t coming back and it’s just been getting better as it’s run in.

7 Likes

Nice one, just the ND555 to go then….

2 Likes

Nice one …no pressure.

Heard you had an earthquake just after the Cyclone, hope u are all OK.

1 Like

That’s wonderful news. I am so excited for you!

1 Like

You’ll need new fraim uprights for head unit and maybe for 2nd stack to match heights. I believe the medium will fit but maybe corrected on that one.

1 Like

Thanks Dan :slight_smile:

Yes but won’t have time to solve that for now so I’m thinking putting the 500 head unit on brains top with 552 and NDX2 below it for now. Medium would work but I also think I might go for long legs to match brains and brawn shelves levels. Looks bit better to my eyes.

1 Like

If you try a few dealers they will do an exchange for ones you have. I have 2 medium shelves which I can use later down the line for 500. Rest of my shelves are standard. Anyway, bigger things to think about right now.

You called it the 300 head unit so you haven’t adjusted to it just yet.

Well done again Slamdam.

Am very interested to hear your thoughts.

My favourite upgrade and I’m sure you’ll love yours too!

1 Like

What speakers are you pairing it with Slamdam?

Interesting that forumites seem to be going for 552 and 500 before the ND555. Personally, I would be in same camp and wait for ND555 prices to plummet. They will be around £8000 in a year or two.

2 Likes

Source of inspiration :wink: No pressure!

1 Like

My thinking exactly

2 Likes

When does she land?

ND555 would be next I guess. But I also believe digital components are up for a bigger price reduction than analogue when (in a foreseeable future) there will be a replacement available.

3 Likes

Not settled yet but not too far off we think :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Keep us posted. Your 552 is going to be very happy :blush:

3 Likes