552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

I haven’t double checked it sll but very little cleaning solution is needed. Machine is well built and once set yp should be easy to use. Lots of settings and options.

Will see how it goes. But I am excited about getting records as good as they can be!

2 Likes

Honestly? it’s an awesome combo Dan! But 552/500 is not holding your system back IMO. It’s all about funds and priorities for you my friend :thinking:

2 Likes

I have spent more than enough and would not consider an S1 at this stage. I need to focus on my health now. The system is complete as I have no desire to upgrade or change. The 552 500 combo is awesome. I was joking about S1.

Going to enjoy the music!

One more sleep and your turntable will be with you! I am excited for you.

9 Likes

Wise man. Yes by noon tomorrow I will be able to listen to vinyl again. After 30 seconds of Peter Green’s Slabo Day I will know whether it’s as good as I’m hoping

2 Likes

I think I just saw some pics of your incoming LP12 posted by Peter. Looks impressive.

2 Likes

Come on Rob, how is it? We’re waiting…

2 Likes

Tomorrow is install day Clive :joy:

2 Likes

This is our friend Dan’s thread so I will post tomorrow on the “LP12 shootout” thread

2 Likes

Oops, sorry. I thought Peter had said Tuesday.

2 Likes

I’ve now got the Degritter powered up and cleaning record number 2! The first one was unplayable with snap crackle and pop. Now it plays perfectly! Gonna get them clean, put them in new paper sleeves and play them!

12 Likes

Paper sleeves? You need MOFi sleeves or similar :+1: Worth every penny.

41qa7G193ML.AC

7 Likes

Mint Sleeves are pretty good as well, maybe a micron or two thicker than MoFi sleeves, oh and a few quid less.

3 Likes

Yes there are many alternatives today I guess. I would never put my cleaned record back in a paper sleeve though. Paper = static.

2 Likes

I use these or the cheaper options like these with the rounded corners so you can actually get them in the record sleeve without a fight.

3 Likes

I didn’t do the research! Just went for paper sleeves. The main thing is I can now play records at their best. So far have gone for deepest clean on all the records as I am picking out the problem ones. Early days but results are superb.

I know Degritter is expensive but for me I want something that is easy to use. It is so easy and has so many options. It also has premium feel. A quality product!

3 Likes

Awesome news on just how good the cleaner is, but please no paper sleeves, you’ll undo all the good that cleaning the vinyl has achieved.

4 Likes

They are paper originally or card. So I have a load now.

What do you suggest?

Sounds Wholesale poly lined inner sleeves.
Cheap as chips and it’s what those that avoid overpriced snake oil regularly use.
Paper leaves marks and is a bugger for static.
Poly lined lowers static and doesn’t mark the record.
But you knew that. :wink:

4 Likes

Just get paper ones off Amazon. I must have used 700 ? now. I have not found that static returns after being cleaned. But do put a cleaned record in a new paper sleeve.

2 Likes

Anti static poly sleeves from Mint or Mofi or any of the many that are out there, get good quality, I use Mint Sleeves 12" Rich Paper Sleeves which come in packs of 25 for £12.

There are plenty of firms out there I just prefer Mint over MoFi, I cannot post a link but I’m sure if you search Mint and Sleeves you’ll find them. They do other sleeves inner and outer but the rice paper ones work for me.

3 Likes