552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

I have the paper sleeves. Maybe not ideal. Can get poly lined ones next time. I have about 500 records. So will use what I have first. The machine has literally left the vinyl like new. Be interesting with some of records with what look like scratches.

Listening to ELO. It reached a point where it just stopped on the record and repeated itself. Now it is perfect.

I can recommend the innersleeves from Spincare. They are as good as the ones from Mofi and are far cheaper. They are British and easy to order for you. Try them out and you won’t have static problems in the future

7 Likes

Yes - I ordered Spincare last time via Amazon and they’re very good.

1 Like

My Project cleaner leaves records looking pristine but they don’t always sound that way. Would be interested to see what a Humminguru or Degritter could do to improve that.

1 Like

Okay guys. Get the point. Lots of inner sleeves that are better than what I got.

The important thing is the records sound amazing after deep clean. Loving new machine. I don’t think the sleeves will cause massive issues and undo all the good work. The Linn felt matt has dust on it anyhow, so expect it to not be perfect. Also record cleaner doesn’t clean the inner part when recors finishes. So will pick up dust and static feom varuous parts.

3 Likes

Degritter so far so good. So Pink Floyd Animals was quite poor before. Still has snap, crackle and pop on first deep clean though. Might need another deep clean. It takes 15 mins to do deep clean. Just put record in and it cleans and dries them. The other records so far have come out perfect. This is first one which still isn’t great! It’s an improvement, but could be better.

4 Likes

Snap, it is a bit of a disappointment if I’m honest.

1 Like

Give it a whack on your thigh.
Ooer. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

This is how I pick up dust from the felt matt :wink:

3 Likes

Peter uses a Javelin?

Give it a second play Dan…I sometimes find a record still sounds a bit noisy on first play after a clean (no machine, all hands), but then is very much improved on second (I usually play it again almost immediately). I think the stylus maybe further cleans out the groove…

Worth a play to see.

1 Like

Degritters tend to be quite expensive, even used, what did you pay for it, Dan?

1 Like

Peter’s deck Courtesy of Peter. :+1:t2:

8 Likes

I have just done this. Thanks for tip!

1 Like

Is that just a paint roller, or some fancy thing?

1 Like

Will give it a go!. Make sense as stuff may still be grooves loosened. When I bought Neil Young Harvest it sounded awful. Wasn’t cleaned. 2nd play sounded amazing. Stylus cleaned out dust and dirt.

2 Likes

£1700 @Bjorn. It’s so easy to use. Fairly quiet and built beautifully.

Is it worth that? Time will tell.

1 Like

Just a usual lint roller, nothing special

2 Likes

Lint roller, use them on clothes to get fluff and pet hair off.

And, clean up the muck on Linn LP12 felt mats.

The rollers have tear off strips which pick up the muck, as you rip the used one off a clean strip is revealed.

3 Likes