552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

@Blackbird Also oephi interconnect din 5-5?
Interested in your thoughts on that.

1 Like

I’ve had Transcensance DIN DIN here once when I owned Sarum T and thought they were pretty similar in performance. Oephi at a much lower price then.

Superlumina was better than sarum t?

Icing on the cake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes I liked it more. Sarum T was so different and transparent it almost became artificial. Oephi was more Naim to my ears but got a good offer on SL and went with it. The used market on Oephi is extremely slim and I cannot afford purchasing only new cables :slight_smile: I’m sure Music would have suited me better based on what is written about them but pretty expensive. I’ve not compared Oephi against SL DIN DIN but plan is to do so in the coming month. Hopefully I can get a more clear picture on the long term plan of cables after all this is done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please test sl speaker cable as well.
I will wait till you have final results :blush:

Won’t happen until a used pair turns up on my market at a good price. I think SL speaker cables is your responsibility to evaluate. I’m full! :wink:

1 Like

@Blackbird Don’t forget the most important cable…an earthed cable directly from the fuse box to the system :wink:

I’m on it! :wink:

3 Likes

There you go. Shunyata Omega ground cable to go with the grounding rod

1 Like

Grounding rod have actually been on my mind to not get all the dirt on the common ground into my system. But I’m not sure it’s legal in Sweden so I’ll have to investigate with an electrician first :slight_smile: Puritan have solutions for it if ok.

1 Like

Yes I know. It’s the latest and greatest. I have the Puritan ground master for the outlet and they sell the other version with rod in Sweden so it should be legal. I remember when an old hi-fi friend said he had installed a separate ground. Back then, I thought he was crazy.

It makes for a nice uplift and when you change the grounding wire the sound changes. Another cable you can tinker with.

1 Like

Most important that you get the system earthed .

I tried an extension cord to my earthed outlet in another room. But could not hear any difference :see_no_evil:

Well. It’s a good safety feature isn’t it?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

It should be a big difference.

I have an RCD on it all so I’m safe :slight_smile:

I could do another test @Igel and get a decent 16A earthed extension cord. What am I supposed to hear as an immediate benefit? :slight_smile:

Actually there are those who also say there can be added issues adding ground since it opens a backdoor in of dirt on the common ground. Now I have Puritan 156 so should be fine.

1 Like

Naim systems without earth,miss a lot of the Naim PRaT .

I’m still extremely happy at paying 1.8k for 4.5m of Sarum T. RRP would have been circa 6k!

@Dan_M your system is clearly already humming (in a good sense) and therefore SL is not necessary; but as someone who had NAC A5, went to Epic X and now to Sarum T, I can honestly say it is the most effective upgrade I have ever experienced. Light years improvement vs upgrading interconnects/ethernet cables etc. (in my humble, subjective and pending a BBC News fact checked opinion).

1 Like

Calling an electrician next week @Igel . Promise :slight_smile: Not sure of I should install a separate line at the same time. Thing is I don’t think they can squeeze it into the current install in the wall so I would have to go outside the walls. We’ll see.

2 Likes