5si system?

Not according to the thread title :slight_smile:

Aside from the profits that the 5si range might generate for Naim, I think it provides an important link with past and the ‘exceedingly good Naits’ etc. So the Si range is a kind of emblem for how it sees itself as company.

And if you have an elder brother or sister who has passed on their old CD player, and said, ‘just get yourself a Nait and some speakers and you’re rockin’, the Nait 5Si is probably where you would look. In this instance the Uniti range may not be the answer.

I speculate and obviously the marketing dept will be far more aware of this stuff than any of us.

2 Likes

But the first post is ambiguous :wink:

It’s as a whole not a brilliant opening post with reasoned thoughts

1 Like

I you’re the only kid in your generation that isn’t using streaming.

But yes, obviously, Naim will know if it’s worth it. I just wouldn’t be surprised if it is not for much longer.

Argh, my favorite component :grinning:

2 Likes

Not enough bling for the target market? :wink:

(Sorry)

Tuners seems a dying species, unfortunately.
I love the analog signal, vs net radio

I would consider buying one even now , if i ever go separates route.
But I fell in love by SU and then Nova, so I just waiting the right moment to jump from my UQ2 to Nova, when the”present status “ change

Only Naim can answer. But if still available…

When starting from scratch. Perhaps the audience is people with a cheaper (by our standards) separates system looking for a new component.

1 Like

Maybe, yes, And maybe that’s why there’s only a CDP and a Nait, it’s not even much of a “series”

1 Like

Naim needs a ND5Si to compliment this range. End of story. Put it at 2k and complete the range.

The ND5XS2 is only £2400. I can’t really see what else they could strip out to make an Si version and reduce the price to match the other Si level components.

1 Like

Interesting as I am thinking of buying a system for my son. He has very little space so it looks like either an Atom with a Rega 1 Plus or a Star. I am just trying to get him to commit to his choice of sources.

What I do like is that I have been able to put six or seven systems together on paper using separates or Uniti stuff.

1 Like

If getting an atom, I’d recommend a 3 with a fono if possible, but if he doesn’t want to play records then you might as well save up and get a nd5xs2 and a xs3, better for the long run. Generous dad!

My sugestion is go with Atom

1 Like

That is what I would buy! But he is very tight on space and records would be a minor source. His X Box will cover CD, DVD, YouTube etc via HDMI. A Rega 3 is probably overkill at this time. He might yet surprise me and want a better vinyl front end though.

I am trying to buy what’s best for him rather than what I might choose lol!

1 Like

Thanks Cardoso. I think you are right. I have emailed my long suffering dealer to get him on the case. It’s a fun project.

1 Like

Incidentally, if it was me then a Rega 3 and Nait 1 with some Tablettes might have been a good shout!

2 Likes

Go old school and get him an lp12 nait 1 and mk1 kans !!!

1 Like