5si system?

He is already eyeing up my Sondek for when I pop my clogs lol!

2 Likes

In the US a Nait 5si goes for approx $1700 USD. The ND5 XS2 is approximately $3500 so double the price.

Hard to believe that you couldnā€™t produce a Streamer at $1700 to $2000 USD range.

1 Like

Totally different markets. Iā€™d guess at most, 20% of people would look at both ranges for the same potential system. The other 80% have pre decided on separates or all in one.

Like I said, I canā€™t really see how they could pair back the ND5XS2 anymore to produce an Si version. I think the ND5XS2 is a bargain for the performance it offers and there are quite a few ex demo units available (certainly in the UK) at the price point you mention.

I have a CDsi - a very good CD player. I would have bought the matching amp but Naim did not include preouts so it was no good for my needs. I wasnā€™t in a position to pay twice as much for an XS2 so no Naim amp for me.

Iā€™ve said it before but I would certainly be very keen on an NDsi streamer. Surely it would be possible to put the streaming ā€˜gutsā€™ of the Atom, but without amplification, into an Si case, retail for circa Ā£1500 and job done?

No doubt the ND5 XS2 would be better, so many would go for that but for those like myself who would struggle to justify spending Ā£2400 on one component (cars/holidays/children etc. get in the way) it would be ideal.

I would buy a ex-dem model of ND5 XS2 for $2000 without hesitation. Its a wonderful unit and I love the Naim Synergy. Unfortunately I see pricing on these units more like $3,000 which is why all the complaining on this very topic every couple of years.

1 Like

They will drop this ā€˜seriesā€™. Tisā€™ inevitable. Thatā€™s not to say it has itā€™s loyal fans, but the writing is on the wall.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.