808’s in the house!

After a four month wait my Kudos 808’s have finally been delivered and Pete from Acoustica and I finished installing them a couple of hours ago. Couldn’t be happier with the Piano Black Lacquer finish.

14 Likes

84 Likes

They look fantastic - enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Very nice!

What do the 808s replace and what do the 808s immediately bring?

I realise it is early days….

1 Like

Wow what a lovely system😍

1 Like

Hi Rob, looks very nice may I ask what the size of your room is please? ATB Peter

1 Like

Great finish and color on the 808’s, love the whole system.

1 Like

Hi Peter

It’s only 14ft x 12ft after factoring the foot lost to the LP storage. But the 808’s are not the slightest bit over powering.

Best

Rob

1 Like

Hi Nigel

I had Acoustica’s dem 808’s here for three months prior to these arriving . SL2’s before that. 808’s are the only speakers in the Kudos range that I would have exchanged the SL2’s for. Your 500 would sound great driving them :joy:

Rob

4 Likes

Solstice with Superline/Supercap… interesting!

Not today .

The 5 pin Snaic connection on the Solstice phono stage is different to the 4 pin from Hicap / Supercap. So I will have to have my Chord Music IC re terminated early in the New Year. In the mean time I have the Superline plugged in another room burning in.

Killer system! Looks great and will no doubt have you glued to your seat for a long time to come.

1 Like

Thanks Graeme. It’s an incredible system . I’m very lucky!

2 Likes

Beautiful system. Bet you won’t be able to tear yourself away from it over Christmas! As an avid user of a fully loaded 500 system into active SL2s myself, I’d be very interested to know how the 808s build on them once they’ve settled down. And also what Naim’s turntable brings to the party.

Your 808 finish matches the statement amp beautifully. What an incredible system, congratulations!

3 Likes

I’ve never had the pleasure of hearing Kudos, but I love their look. Enjoy!

4 Likes

They match so well the Statements. Looks fantastic!

5 Likes

Those Fraims look stunning side by side and are perfectly aligned/levelled - I hope to do the same with some cheap Ikea stuff I got earlier! :rofl:

Seriously, I’ve never been that enamoured by the look of the Fraims, but those look great, maybe I was considering the wrong finish.

1 Like

So they do.

2 Likes

Looks lovely :heart_eyes:

1 Like