808’s in the house!

Not planning on calling them any time soon :joy:

1 Like

“ I hear ya” as our friends across the pond would say :joy:

1 Like

The gauntlet has been well and truly thrown down! You need to up your game…

4 Likes

I might see if Naim could knock me one out as a Christmas present to myself.

1 Like

Are you going to sell tickets?

Which team does he play for, I wonder?

4 Likes

Erm, no!

Would be tricky to fit the S1 in, not allowed to get rid of the piano, and distinctly short of the funds to buy one.

If I decided to get one in a few years it wouldn’t be out of the question financially (assuming my daughters don’t bankrupt me first) but first the greenhouse :wink:

4 Likes

Those 808 look fantastic in piano black finish! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Well look what turned up at my house today. An early Christmas present from my wife!!!

11 Likes

Look after your wife as we all would like to meet her :joy:

10 Likes

Yes, but I don’t think she has thought about the upgrades I will need to do to really get the best from them :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know how the Titans improve on the SL2s. I found that as soon as I ran my SL2s active (2x500 amps, CD555, ND555 both with double power supplies, and a replacement of the padding in the tweeter enclosures, plus full superlumina loom, the improvement was staggering… and it was pretty good before! Listening to Tchaikovsky’s Symphony 2 last night just blew me away with its detail, precision, orchestral spread and sheer involvement. I love the fact that the SL2s just keep on giving the higher up you go.

2 Likes

Funny that, he said the same about mine! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Only joking, Pete did offer but I installed it all myself.

1 Like

That’s a lot of big boxes. You putting it together yourself?

I’m feeling left out - Pete didn’t say that about mine :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Blimey - I had to pay for mine myself! Though it all comes from the joint account so arguably she has contributed a chunk :blush:

That’s quite a big assumption based on my knowledge of daughters

2 Likes

You mean like returning to Naim – you wouldn’t be the first and certainly not the last Prodigal Son… :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, got the Father in Law here lending a hand while the wife tuts and moans at the size of the boxes!

2 Likes

Never say never, but at the moment I am more than happy where I am. I will either go active or passive biamp in the new year so they have plenty of current up’em. I have been looking for T88’s but these just fell into my lap and I got a deal I couldn’t refuse.

1 Like