A moot point regarding NSC222?

maybe one day we will see one in the wild…fingers crossed

1 Like

I would love to hear the 332 with a 555PS. I take that back I can’t afford it

2 Likes

My dealer said there’s a chance that Naim may offer some kind of modification package for existing 500 series owners who would like to alter the lights to white. I think I read that also somewhere :thinking:. But I stand to be corrected​:grimacing:

I dont have any 500 series yet, i will buy a 552 next year though. be nice if they could do my 300dr etc, only time will tell

Maybe I am alone, but I prefer non-DR 500 series over DR and NC 300 series. Also prefer NACA 5 over other cables. More organic and closer to the original sound signature that brought me to Naim in the first place. Just my humble opinion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Personally, I would be manning the battlements before they take the green lights on my 552 away !

:grin:

2 Likes

Yes I hope they go back to non DR in the new 500 serie.

2 Likes

I run a 250.2 - no DR here - no complaints

Hilarious that people are saying that they hope Naim develop their new high end range without incorporating modern tech.

Nostalgia is one thing, blind prejudice something else…

Yeah, the NonDR OC were a real miss for me. No thanks. Much prefer the NC to those boxes.

For me DR was a downgrade,so I hope they will develop something better without DR.

1 Like

Dream on…

DR nostalgia :wink:

Who will prescribe leeches.

3 Likes

Well, he does own the largest leech farm in Europe :joy:

Not really, just a recognition that the 200, 300 series and Statement make use of DR based regulation AFAIU it. I very much doubt that the 500 series update will revert to older tech.

Of course ‘DR’ is just a label, electronic components don’t ‘know’ whether they are ‘DR’ or not. What matters is how they perform, not whether the DR term is applied to them or not.

I agree and still hope they will come up with something better than DR .

If there was currently anything better than DR tech we would have seen it in NC300 kit. Of course there maybe developments in the next 2 or 3 years that makes DR redundant, which may find its way into NC500 series, but that seems a stretch to me.

Maybe time to get back on topic.

2 Likes

Or maybe they will introduce the BR (Better Regulator) in the new 500 series :wink:

What did you find downgraded with dr? I only compared Hicap with and without and found, with the 82 that non-dr was giving something dr didn´t. But in hindsight I think it was ”unclean” and I kind of like that. The dr had much better behaved lower register and was cleaner sounding. I choose the livlier uncleaner olive hicap. Maybe I also likes how it looked better.

1 Like