A New App

Those are the sizing option controls I mean. They are missing from his screen shot. @simon.pepper just needs to drag the screen down to see them.

1 Like

I just wonder if this might be some kind of Qobuz app authentication issue, except that on my iphone and Mac Mini the app is still listed as ‘Naim’ but with the new icon and not something new which might make it look as though you’re signed into a different app entirely.

I used to be able to see a list of ‘signed in’ device somewhere in my account settings or so I thought, not sure if that has gone or was maybe in the desktop/phone app.

It seems odd that simply adding support for a Focal product that no consumers would yet have ‘in the wild’ if it was only announced today would affect Qobuz if everything else is pretty much unchanged though spurious bugs can always arise and not be seen during internal testing.

I hope it all sorts itself out quickly for you.

Yes, I get that, it goes from smallest, through medium to large.

But the smallest sizing has been changed and has got bigger.

Anyone with an M1 Mac?

I have an M1 Mac Mini and am currently booting from an external SSD - forgot to download the Naim iOS/iPad OS app on it yesterday but realised I have it on the internal SSD so have copied over to the Applications folder.

The M1 Macs currently at least are likely to allow us to revert to older saved versions though won’t be as practical as smartphones/tablets.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Yum, cheese!

That’s not what you wanted to say :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Indeed those gin and tonics are really very nice :grinning:

4 Likes

In the future, someone will write “but I read that Simon said …” :smiley:

1 Like

Lazy developers. You can specify when resources should downloaded and which ones can be deleted when the phone needs space. In fact you can do this on several levels.

Another reason is that for a time certain Swift.runtime-libraries was not included in the base system forcing it to be linked to the app, these apps will shrink when rebuilt with later tools. This also happens if you use, say, Microsoft .net environment.

2 Likes

Can anybody help me to reload the old App?

1 Like

Is your device an Apple, if so try going into purchased (apps). It may still be there.

1 Like

New App installed overnight on my iPhone SE2, and so far so good, but then I’m only streaming local files.

I must say it is awful being spammed by a brand like Focal when I don’t own a single product from them and never will. I cannot think of any other company doing it like this. If they must merge these companies I could at least have the option to remove everything Focal from desktop icons and inside app branding. My feeling for naim is that they are eaten by Focal. I don’t feel as proud of naim as before due to this co-branding with a speaker brand I dislike. This co-branding is company driven, not customer driven and those brands succeeding best is always customer driven. All these things sums up in the connection with a brand and sorry to say it but the feelings for naim is slowly washed out due to this merging with a crappy speaker brand. Maybe time to jump another boat. A boat that cares immensely about its own brand and its customers and doesn’t have to compromise in the middle of two brands ideas about what to do and don’t.

Screen print 2022-10-05 kl. 08.35.40

8 Likes

All the moving images and stuff at the beginning is, um, unfortunate.

4 Likes

My Android mobile updated to the new app overnight, can I rename the app icon to Naim ?

Also I agree on the opening splash screen can this be removed!

Yes it’s a poor marketing decision to put it mildly and further dilution of the brand unfortunately. The large FOCAL and the more diminutive naim branding on the icon is perhaps indicative. I’ve updated my iPad but not my iPhone, I couldn’t stand looking at that icon every time I open my phone!

5 Likes

Indeed. I only see Focal when finding the app. Horrible. Is there a way to go back to the prior version? I had automatic updates on on my macbook…

2 Likes

My vote for app goes to innuos2-0-sense-app. :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Until they are bought by e.g Samsung?

1 Like