A New App

If you’re desperate you should be able to get it by tapping the logo instead of the ‘open’ button, which takes you to a screen which has the ‘get’ button on it. You’re not missing much though, just an extra screen you have to tap on before you get to the rooms screen you are expecting.

Thanks Chris much appreciated, I think I’ll wait awhile having read some of the comments!

I’ve now had to uninstall the “new” app. Something isn’t right. The app drops the connection during playback of local files, Qobuz and radio stations.

It has literally never done that before, ever.

It also seems to interfere with roon, causing roon to lose control of the device.

Now I can use roon after having uninstalled the Naim/Focal app. Like most of you, the ONLY change made on my side was to simply update the app.

Something is amiss here.

1 Like

App updated on iPad Pro 11inch (2021) and iPhone 12 all working as previous App on new and old generation kit.

Having Diabetic eyesight problems I find the larger icons a boom ie 3 across the screen instead of 4 max.

I wish the same could be done on some of the other icons. It would be nice if some of the playlist icons could be increased in size and have a landscape format.

3 icons across instead of 4 is just a setting that was also available in the old app. You can have it 2 icons across an iPhone screen if you want.

Never had that on my iPad Pro 4 was the minimum.

3, 4 or 5 across on my iPad Pro. 2, 3 or 4 across on my iPhone Pro.

…same here, lost search and play capabilities for Qobuz.

For the money you spend on the NAIM products they certainly do not care much for the existing customer base. Have to wonder if they test the software update in a real user environment beyond ‘did the Focal app appear’ on the screen at start up. More time wasted trying to resolve their software updates.

Back to using NAS as the source since Qobuz or Search will not function.

1 Like

Qobuz all good here ?

Installed new app on my iPad 9.7 Pro running iOS 15.7

1. I like the image of my NDS in the room selection
  2. I like that the video with the products and image is just on first use.
    Watched it, enjoyed it once time round, but please I don’t have to see it again.
  3. Why has the grid size for UPnP content been changed?
    The smallest size in portrait mode is now 5 icons across instead of 6
    That makes my default page of 11 icons to be larger than the portrait screen.
    Can this sizing be a configuration setting please?

Touch the square beneath the 3 dots for optional sizes

Courtesy of @davidhendon

G

1 Like

Reset Password on Qobuz, waited 90 minutes and Qobuz now playing and appears in search feature. So playing album from Patricia Barber on Qobuz and things are working once again,

No sizing options for me.

Are you not seeing a four pane square top left?

G

I installed the new app this morning. When I opened it, 11 of my 70 playlists were missing. I closed and reopened the app and turned off and in my iPhone 13pro.

I went to the TIDAL app and the missing playlists were still there so I transferred them from TIDAL to the Naim app. For some reason, they appeared as doubles. That is, the newly downloaded/ transferred playlists from TIDAL appeared twice. I then deleted one of each of the doubles and thought I had resolved the problem. However, upon closing and reopening the Naim app, all of the recently transferred apps had disappeared. Further, they no longer appeared on the TIDAL app.

Needless to say, I’m not too happy with this new version of the Naim app.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do to recover the lost playlists?

1 Like

Yes, the Naim app is NOT used in the audio chain so will not have affect on SQ.

Pull the screen down and the sizing options will appear….

Yes, but the grid size has been changed in this version.

1 Like

You don’t need to get the drop down for the sizing options. Just tap the 4 boxes icon and it cycles the screen through 3 different sizes for the icons. The other icon, a box with lines does the same for a single column of icons.

1 Like