A New App

While that makes sense, I was hoping for active speakers powered by naim. It will be interesting to see how they compare to what is already out there.

1 Like

Btw, there is already another thread on the app.

@Richard.Dane - Maybe move/merge this Thread with the main App one…?

1 Like

Now merged.

2 Likes

Years ago I used to backup every version of an app before updating simply by copying apps out of an itunes folder. Must have saved hundreds of GB of apps but can’t honestly recall ever trying to restore a single one.

There is an app called iMazing which runs on Mac/Windows which can do lots of things including backing up apps and reinstalling them later if you need to (assuming the idevice OS still allows that version to run). I used to have an older version of this and have been considering an upgrade but can’t quite decide if I’ll use it much.

I have traditionally preferred trying to back things up manually, but the time/effort involved for overall benefit is probably low.

It’s things like controller apps however where it could be handy - I have an old Pioneer AV amp, and the older versions of the app were better than later ones, and I’d not be surprised if support is dropped before long.

Tempted to get iMazing again, I think what has prevented me is the odd licensing they now employ (annual sub for unlimited devices or one off fee for non-transferrable licenses such that they are tied to a specific device).

1 Like

I’m actually mostly OK with the app. I know it could be slicker, but my only beefs are:

The “pull-up and down the list” tab at the right-hand side of the screen still doesn’t work.

Deleting from Playlists is a complete faff. If I’m “trialling” different versions of the same number to include my most preferred version by loading them all in at once and then deleting the ones I don’t want, I have to close and re-open the app with every deletion. The alternative is to create a new playlist, move the selected track and then delete the new playlist. Slightly better, but still irritating.

Its a New Nap we need.

1 Like

Don’t care what naim is on the app as long as it works. Looking forward to the new app.

2 Likes

Whatever happens and judging by past experience, it seems wise to wait before the usual “problems with the new app” thread grinds to a halt before switching.

Mmm it’s the 4th, no update yet. :grin:

2 Likes

No it’s still the 3rd, O Man from the Future

2 Likes

Pete’s from Aus, it’s already the 4th there…:grin:

1 Like

Yeah you blokes are so yesterday

6 Likes

It’s almost lunchtime.

1 Like

Night Pete🤣

2 Likes

So where’s the new App (with inbuilt features for the new 272)?:wink:

2 Likes

Maybe 4th October is a Google Play/Apple Store timeline (US). And it’s a “sometime on the 4th”?!

We might get it later today in UK! I’d expect the naim team to update the forum as it becomes available.

It should be released sometime today, all being well.

2 Likes

Should be an email soon launching the new products :flushed:

I just hope it keeps the snappy UI of the current one. I DON’T want the sort of silly animations or “helpful” tip boxes that other apps inflict on me!