A New App

I hope there is some new streamer firmware and functionality within the app that would allow us to use Amazon Music. I’ve got a free trial right now and it is quite good, but not as easily used as Tidal or Spotify with the Uniti Atom.

1 Like

There is buzz on Apple forums that the Apple Music Classical App is soon to be released, as it is showing up in backend software - This would be the Primephonic replacement - it was promised for 2022
May arrive with iOS16.1

1 Like

Many who have worked in accounting or finance became accustomed to starting work with a firm that reflected the name of the founders, then an abbreviated version of the multiple names thrown together by mergers, then an absurd name that supposedly reflects values. So give it a couple of years we’ll get F&N and then an eclectic choice of nonsense. And no one really cares much at any stage :blush:

1 Like

I was just thinking that it has been a quiet year so far for Naim.

My wife would disagree Naim has made a lot of noise around our place. :rofl:

6 Likes

Yeah, not so quiet for Naim users lol

1 Like

Not a chance lol.

If this means "more resources for support and development of the app I am all for it!

4 Likes

All I care is it works, does not matter to me whose name comes first.
It is a first world issue considering everything else that is going on in the World, IMHO.

7 Likes

Yes I agree. Not all change is bad.

FAIM? It’s gonna live forever…

G

19 Likes

A plus symbol would look much better here to join the two logos, rather than the very dominant and rather old school ampersand.

Interestingly the ampersand symbol comes from the Latin word et, which means and. Linking the letters e and t created the ampersand symbol - and of course it is French too.

2 Likes

my IPad software has stopped at version 9.3.6 and does not move forward. Does that mean I have to scrap it? I will not be able to interact with the new Focal & Naim APP.

Remember in the worst case scenario, you can try the web client from a browser once you know its IP address - e.g. http://192.168.1.???/webclient/
Not ideal though

That is true unfortunately. You can keep using the old app for now but you won’t get any updates. And if you need to reinstall it, you won’t be able to.

I think Apple App Store offers old versions of apps, when you are on a too-old-for-latest OS.
That is for re-downloading, and of course the old version ist not work. (I think purchase is inhibited in such a situation, unless you you can use a newer device for the purchase/acquisition and then download it through the same account.)

2 Likes

I will take it into due consideration. I will consider making a purchase of a newer Tablet. thank you for your advice.

@Richard.Dane do you know if there’ll be any issues with legacy products ( gen 1 Musos) with the new app?

Pete, the guts of the app itself are essentially unchanged underneath a new top layer (it’s a new look app, rather than a wholey new app), so I would expect legacy products to work fine.

2 Likes

Based on recent posts on the FocalAudio twitter feed, looks like Focal is releasing wireless headphones on the 4th…. Which would explain the need for an app to control/configure them

5 Likes