Adding new stations on iRadio

Hello.
I owe Naim muso QB 2.gen and Naim muso 1.gen.
On my QB 2gen. I have added new internet radio station and it worked perfectly.
But I try to add same internet radio station (same station URL) on my Muso 1.gen. but it won’t play it.
Both devices are linked to the same wi-fi.
Can please someone try to add this station URL to your Muso 1.gen. iRadio and see if it works for him?
https://admdn7ta.cdn.mangomolo.com/rdo2/rdo2.stream_aac/media-u06tnw2nj_21708.aac
Do anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
Thank you for all your help.
Regards

Are you sure the stream is correct - it does not work in a browser.

Sorry, this is the correct URL

(https://admdn7ta.cdn.mangomolo.com/rdo2/rdo2.stream_aac/chunklist.m3u8)

Do .m3u8 playlists work on MuSo 1st gen? @Stevesky

Hi,

Muso gen 1 on latest code supports m3u8 streams. For clarity, M3u8 streams are Apple HLS framed streams - typically AAC.

The (corrected) url above is still wrong as that is not the ‘master/playlist’ file of the stream, instead that is the first of the chunk list. This will annoy the muso as its missing 1 level of the hls container.

If you let me know what station it is and hopefully I can resolve the full url for it.

Best wishes

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Thank you @Stevesky.
Radio stations that I would like to play are:

Hi @AlexS82

Try these:

Radio1: https://admdn7.cdn.mangomolo.com/rdo1/rdo1.stream_aac/playlist.m3u8
Radio2: https://admdn7.cdn.mangomolo.com/rdo2/rdo2.stream_aac/playlist.m3u8

Muso2 is a bit more forgiving on file format structure non compliance. One lesson we learned from the first generation of products was that don’t be too fussy on compliance - there are lots of bad streams out there and end customers just want them to play.

Best regards

Steve

The forum software was determined to keep on modifying and reformatting the URL’s that I posted. Think I’ve finally encouraged it to show the correct information.

Best

Steve

I tried but still not working.
Could you please check if URL that you posted is correct? Is there important which “type” you choose in vtuner?
Is there maybe any other solution?

Hi @AlexS82

I just tried it on a Muso gen1 running latest production code and it works from the UK.

Here’s the info I entered into vtuner. Watch out for having spaces on the start or end of the url.

Best

Steve

If you want native FLAC via iRadio on your legacy streamer you can use Kurt’s cloud solution. Just add to vTuner the station urls he provides in his list.

Thank you.
Here is what I entered into vtuner.
But I don’t have option to choose HLS as “Type” Is that a problem?

Hi,

The file type in practice makes no difference - that just influences what is shown on the ui. Set it to aac is ok.

Best

Steve

I have tried once more and I see now it is working, but when you choose this station you have to wait for about 20 seconds to start working and even then it is interrupting every 10-15 seconds.
Do you also experience this kind of activities? Is there any solution for this.
Thank you.

Here is what happens, it drops down to 0% every 10 seconds. I don’t have this kind of problems with other stations.

Hi @AlexS82 ,

No, mine starts near instantly.

Are you sure you are on the latest firmware, as all these modern HLS related issues were resolved in the last Muso Gen1 software update. I have a feeling you are on the older v1.8 code instead.

Regards

Steve

I have checked and I’m on latest software.

Hi @Stevesky
As there is long lag and interruption, is there possible to get me URL for this radio station from other web pages? Or there is always the same URL?
Thank you.

Radio 2 UAE, 99.3 FM, Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
(Radio 2 Abu Dhabi 106.0 FM online Radio from Abu Dhabi)

Hi @AlexS82

They all end up using the same URL as the ones I posted above.
I’ll set up a temporary entry on Naim’s Choice for one of the stations, just to rule out a misconfig of the station entry.

Regards

Steve

Thank you @Stevesky
Please let me know when you will add station Radio 2 uae to Naim’s Choice.